W 1-0 vs Forest Green Rovers (A) - League Two - Sat 19th Feb, 3pm

I’m not saying being more green is not a worthy aim, but those are some strange products to find in a football club shop. Who else sells toiletries (especially if not club branded on some way)?

Yes, I know Dale Vince is a much lauded trailblazer, but I wouldn’t have said football fans are the ideal demographic to target these sort of products at.

2 Likes

Make soap for 5p sell it at a huge markup. Easy money.

I see your point, but i think football fans will buy anything if its half decent. Not drawstring bags from 1999 is it :grinning:

1 Like

I’m not so sure mate looking at some of our performances this season I’d have bought a pack of bog rolls to wipe them away with.

1 Like

Going by MF’s comments I expect same again from last saturday for next couple of games then possibly see changes in formation and personel.

Voted for an home win but can see it being a tight game with Stevens scoring his 700th of the season.

How good have their front 2 been this season SirKen credit where credits due they’ve been exceptional.Looks from the outside in like Stevens and Matt have a little bet going on between themselves of who’s going to be top scorer at the club if not the whole league.

1 Like

They need to market them as “retro”, mind you if they wait 'til 2024 then at 25yrs old they’ll be “genuine vintage”, at least doubling their price for the southern middle class trendy buyers…

3 Likes

A classic sketch! Often quoted by me when the Mrs dragging me round some shop that sells over priced candles :grin:

1 Like

Pitch inspection :see_no_evil:

Half one, apparently

Great when your half way there !!!

I’d check the whole pitch if it was me, just in case.

2 Likes

Says on Walsall F.C Official “with a chance the match will be delayed”

Is that meant to mean postponed?

:joy: absolutely

The weather satellite suggests the rains moved on from that area now and moved eastwards.

Heard that too. Implication is that kick off delayed, I imagine pending even later inspection.
Not good for those of us who are travelling.

Or already here and parked. :rage:

Note it says delayed, not postponed

To be fair, not raining here at the moment - but was lashing down on the way here. Which way is the rain going?

1 Like

In pub in Nailsworth. Not raining ATM.