W 1-0 vs Forest Green Rovers (A) - League Two - Sat 19th Feb, 3pm

In one of his interviews Flyn said that as he only had one day before the game that Sadler has taken the training and so I think he will probably do the gameplan as well.

486 tickets sold and probably a few more on-the-days to take us over 500. Not too shoddy.

I see FGR are recommending park-and-ride. There is a school close to the ground but that is limited and fills up quickly, or on-street parking along the nearby housing estateā€™s main access road (side streets being restricted).but again you need to get there early or else it is a long walk up the hill.

The covered is only covered for the seats. The ā€œcoveredā€ standing is a con and you will get wet if it rains.

I fancy us to nick a point tomorrow. Their home form is impeccable and ripe for new manager syndrome to kick in for usā€¦

Come back to me when we lose 4 nil. :grinning:

Me too! Lovely old girl she was, always gave me 20p pocket money :slight_smile:

If anyone needs a lift tomorrow PM me. I am travelling from M54 J2 so happy to swing by the ground or Railway club to pick up / drop off.

Should have said - can get 3 in

2 Likes

https://www.exetercityfc.co.uk/news/2022/february/barrow-postponed/

I was going to suggest that the windy weather can be a great leveller, but if FGR play it on the ground and MF has declined responsibility for this fixture, any optimism from me on this occasion might be wasted.

Perhaps it will be like Stockport years ago if anyone remembers.

I was at the back of the stand and it was so bad everyone at the front came charging up. There was a whirlwind on the pitch with paper and leaves and I think there might have been a lamb in it, The referee took the players off and the Saddlers fans in the open terrace were not allowed to seek cover so they stood proud in the pouring rain and sang their hearts out.

Thatā€™s Walsall FC.

Do you know if the park and ride is on tomorrow Andy? Canā€™t see it on their website.

I think someone posted that they had recommended fans use it?

Yes, itā€™s on our OS - https://www.saddlers.co.uk/news/2022/february/ticket-and-travel-information-forest-green-away/

1 Like

Thanks Andy

1 Like

Iā€™ve worked out some tactics I think we ought to try tomorrow. A few raw steaks stategically placed around our goal area should keep the vegans at bay. :laughing:

2 Likes

They ainā€™t bloody vampires :smile: or am i thinking of different steaks :smile:

Thatā€™s stakes mate. :joy:

1 Like

You were quick then :smile:

1 Like

I meant to ask - while on the FGR website, did you have a look at their online shop? Lots of bamboo clothing, organic soap and shampoo, upcycled face masks - full on eco-warrior.

Aye - good stuff.

4 Likes

Waterlogged pitch? But if not, it could be a good game. Of course weather conditions, but the effect of a new broom could do wonders. And injury free game.

3 Likes

Better stuff than us and eco. Whats not admirable about that

shame the bloke looks like a bond villain

2 Likes