W 1-0 vs Newport County (A) - League Two - Sat 6th Aug, 3pm

Im afraid there are a tiny minority of fans who cant handle there beer and always make idiots of themselves. Its embarrassing but the good thing is the majority of fans are top class.

4 Likes

Top win at a tricky league two ground.

Very good sign the back 3 of Daniels-Monthe-Clarke is already grinding out clean sheets. 06/07 vibes there.

I wasn’t hugely optimistic going into this season given the way the last 5 years have gone but a proven league two manager, some excellent CBs and good CF does tend to have teams in top 7 mix so why not feel something can happen for once?

Now for the hard bit that really will get people excited…winning in a cup round!

Surely Flynn is a hero to Newport fans? Bit odd some were giving him stick, would be like Sir Ray getting booed if he’d ever have come back with opposition team to Bescot.

1 Like

Sounds like there’s a few plonkers at Rodney Parade.

4 Likes

No different than our fans with Clarke and dogs and the other awful stuff some of our idiots sing
Every club has them
Every club should ban them at minimum castrate them if In a nice quiet room away from cctv
These people of all clubs ruin it for everyone else

17 Likes

Unfortunately I was sitting next to them and it was embarrassing. Thankfully they left/were ejected/moved at half time.

1 Like

Yes I’m glad they went too.

1 Like

Could the same be said of Smith and the abuse he got at Brentford?

1 Like

Wasn’t that mostly good natured as at the time people (wrongly) assumed it was just sideways move to Brentford?

Pretty sure when he applauded the fans as he walked out he got standing ovation back but could be wrong.

I assume Flynn got a good round of applause at start today but those around the dugouts are never happy it seems.

1 Like

You’re right. I was frustrated with the ref for sending someone off for a foul so trivial (preventing a quick free kick or throw in) and, I might add, a foul that almost every player commits, regularly.
My real frustration with the ref, apart from him calling everything for Newport, was he DIDN’T call the blatant foul committed on Allen before he sent him off!
It could have cost us the three points, but thanks to the old man at the back and his colleagues we secured our first place in the league.

2 Likes

It’s the pack mentallity that gets me. They are all very brave with a group of their mates around them to share the brain cell. Get them on their own and they would shit themselves if anyone dared say anything them. Bunch of pathetic morons!!!

6 Likes

I thought the ref was poor today. Seemed to base his decisions on how theatrically players fell to the ground. Too quick to get his cards out. Kept trying to play advantage when there was non; example of that being Comley fouled twice just inside their half but the ball had broke back the edge of our box where we were pressed into trouble by their forwards. He seemed to have a thing against Daniels from the off which the Newport players took full advantage of. Felt like he’s one of those refs who likes to make the game all about him. Expected a Scooby doo reveal at full-time, pulling off his mask to reveal Trevor Kettle.

9 Likes

Peter Clarke was the game changer after all, fantastic player :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

Nail on head

2 Likes

3 Likes

Great result and defensive performance . Great sign to get a result when we were poor going forward.
The red moon is rising. UTS

1 Like

Not long back after usual M5 summer traffic :roll_eyes:

Firstly, thanks to @Butters for the ticket. Hope you’re improving and back to 100% soon. UTS at its best and beer on me next time bud :beers:

Great 3 points to come home with in a game we didn’t make any real impression in. Midfield bypassed and lots of long balls over the top. Thought Comley was effective in breaking up play and Taylor Allen started brightly before fading the rest of the first half. Hayden White struggled first half but grew into game second half. Kinsella didn’t really make an impression - probably due to Newport favouring those long balls into the box rather than playing through the middle. Eating put himself about when he came on.

Some strange decisions from the officials but suppose that’s par for the course away from home in L2.

Peter Clarke is just immense - just reads the game so well and knows his role inside out, providing support and proverbial rockets to those around him. We would have crumbled last season but seem to have steel this year. Also have solid options on the bench this year and good to see Knowles get a run out.

Just a final note on actions of a small minority of travelling fans. Concur with points made above - heard some horrible things aimed at female members of our own support, goading of stewards and towards the end when it was backs to the wall, some awful things shouted towards Omar Bogle. When I turned and challenged, just got a mouthful and told to “if I don’t like it, take the f*****g knee then”. Only sour point on an enjoyable day. Just seems like some of the travelling contingent can’t handle a few fruit shoots on a sunny day.

Felt good to sing “we’re top of the league” though :joy:

25 Likes

For all their possession and pressure, Newport can only really say we robbed them of 1 point as we limited them to a single shot on target all game. Evans had a bit of work to do with crosses etc, but wasn’t called upon to make a proper save that I can recall.

If we’re not givng the opposition an automatic 1-2 goals every game like we have for the last few years, we don’t have to score that many to pick up a few points.

10 Likes

As we took 857 fans to Newport preaumably all bought through our ticket office, surely it shouldn’t be that difficult to identify these idiots and ban them from going anywhere near a Walsall game again

9 Likes

Just got back. Trains to Shrewsbury cancelled due to a collision with sheep so had a bit of malarkey.
Great defensive performance against a decent side. I thought some of our challenges were a bit rash at times and the sending off was daft.
Bostin start :smiley:

3 Likes