W 1-0 vs Newport County (A) - League Two - Sat 6th Aug, 3pm

That’s pretty impressive

Very good chance we will sell out.

1 Like

Think this is a much truer read on our ability this season than Hartlepool. If they’re not near the bottom I’ll be amazed.

I’d snap your had off for a draw now, think that would be a good result.

Best get your tickets ASAP if we get an extra allocation.

We haven’t been given the tickets yet, something to do with completion of their new stand.

1 Like

I would take a draw now but 3 points would be lovely.

0-1 Hutchinson.

I’m heading down to this with 3 others - can’t wait. I’m going for a 1-1 with them scoring first and us grabbing a late leveller.

1 Like

Can’t wait for this, it’s so good to actually be looking forward to the football again.

6 Likes

It would be great if we can keep the momentum going into this fixture.
Was Hartlepool a one off? I don’t think so. This Walsall team has a totally different mindset from the squad we saw last season, there’s more energy, drive, fight, movement on and off the ball, the very effective use of wing backs and a desire to always direct the ball forwards.
What was pleasing to the eye on Saturday was how quickly we broke, there were actually players in the box ready to receive a pass or have a shot on goal - something totally foreign to us last year.
The whole display was very encouraging, I don’t see Flynn deviating from that style of play.
More of the same against Newport.

4 Likes

Shocking allocation so far, they need to sort it out.

1 Like

After Saturday I reckon we could take double what we’ve sold so far. I know of at least another 2 who are interested in coming with our lot.

1 Like

Hopefully we get more. Really would be poor from them to give us just the 600 in an 11k stadium with an average gate of 3.5k. I know we complain about the Bezzla but it really is leagues above some of the crap in this league.

5 Likes

Especially when last year they had an entirely empty stand behind one of the goals and half a stand empty behind the other.

1 Like

Can’t make this one and for the 1st time in a few years I can say I am truly gutted. Go on holiday to Wales that day, unfortunately to North Wales and it’s about 4 hours away from where I am staying. Said to the wife we could go as it’s still Wales and we are holidaying in Wales. Don’t think I can afford the fuel and the divorce

2 Likes

Tell her that in response to England’s women winning a major trophy, the Plaid Cymru extremists in the Welsh Assembly have closed all the border crossings except the Severn bridge so you have to go that way. :joy:

2 Likes

Newport’s away end :sob:

Ffs. How have they managed to make it worse?! :joy:

If you think that’s bad, imagine it on a rainy Tuesday night in February.

2 Likes

Small mercies, and all that…