W 1-0 vs Newport County (A) - League Two - Sat 6th Aug, 3pm

Is that genuinely the “new” stand?! :joy:

FFS at least the one they’ve had last few years covers pretty much the whole behind the goal end. That one reminds me of the one you get behind the goal at Bristol Rovers.

Completely tinpot.

Looks like they’ve dismantled 2/3rds of the temporary stand that was there to build the new one, hence the reduced capacity for away fans.

The old away end was awful last season, there were holes in parts of the floor towards the back. That said though, surely they had the summer to do something about it…

2 Likes

500 fewer Saddlers fans means £10,000 less to them. Good.

I understand we will be getting a few hundred extra tickets at least.

More than that with refreshments, programmes etc

1 Like

They pay rent for this by the way …

Just spoke to the club shop , still not been sent any more tickets, apparently Newport are waiting on some work being finished.

they’ll have to make it pay on the day at this rate

“Waiting on some work to be finished” would suggest we either get a good number of extra tickets or none.

2 Likes

Apparently they are putting a few deckchairs around the stand behind the goal…

1 Like

Yes on their forum

https://www.weareexiles.net/viewtopic.php?t=53080&sid=bcf447cfed35c860719c9afae2c712da

Pure Vans Away Stand

Those eagle eyed fans would have seen that part of the above stand was missing in the photographs we released yesterday. The stand is being replaced and will be back in situ for this Saturday’s game.

Taken from Newport County AFC online official page just now.

It’s Wednesday tomorrow and fans still don’t know if they can travel, very poor!

1 Like

Give them 150 tickets then let them know the day before If we’ll let them pay on the day

1 Like

Our away following is unbelievable at times I know that much for free.

3 Likes

I like the one comment about Salford been lucky to fetch 60 let alone 600

3 Likes

Totally. Watching the EFL highlights on Saturday night, Tranmere were at home first off again to Stevenage. Reminded me of our cracking following on first day last season. Could hardly spot a Stevenage fan on the weekend.

Suppose we were excited about our 182nd new dawn :rofl:

1 Like

Did Saturday feel different to you mate? Just wondering that’s all.

The result helped and probably clouds judgement! Will see on Saturday as Newport will provide a different test. Just hoping they give us some more tickets!

1 Like