W 1-0 vs Newport County (A) - League Two - Sat 6th Aug, 3pm

Any pre-match boozers recommended? It’ll be my first trip to Newport so any help finding a decent pub would be most appreciated!

If you look on the Newport OS, it states the away end stand will be re-built in time for Saturdays game, maybe there will be additional tickets, although leaving it extremely late!!

Took near enough that last September and that was on back of mediocre start to the season.

Trouble is with Newport allowing pay on the day rather than sending an allocation of tickets is that there may well be walsall fans turning up over and above availability and that is only going to end in trouble when they are turned away.

Think we took 600.

1 Like

The town centre is your best bet as it was pointed out elsewhere the bar at the ground is quite expensive and it’s only a 10 minute walk from the ground.

Ye Olde Murenger which is a Sam Smiths pub is very old fashioned, but really well done. Tiny Rebel is more the hipstery type but really nice beer. There’s a few more rough and ready ones dotted around that area too.

2 Likes

What’s the town like mate? Decent spot for lunch?

It’s a bit of a bog standard town centre to be honest with you, not somewhere I’d go other than to watch the football, but it’s not too rough or anything like that.

As for food, I ate in the Tiny Rebel last time and the food was belting to be fair, that is probably where I’ll decamp this year. There’s all the chain type places like Zizis, las Iguanas, TGIs about a ten minute walk from the train station, there’s a spoons literally right outside the station as well.

1 Like

If anyone uses the Untapped app, you can search for their Newport city centre venue and can what sort of beers they have on with what people have been checking in there.

Looks like they have Marble Beers bitter on at the moment.

I’ll see you in there then mate…:+1: you’ll recognize me because I’ll be wearing my Wolves top under my pink shell suit.

1 Like

If only Cardiff wasn’t an extra fiver ten more minutes down the train line… :+1: :beers:

I’ve just been to the ticket office to get Barrow tickets.
No further news on Newport tickets, I’m afraid.

Farcical really, you’ve got probably a few hundred people wanting to give a club money who’ll have several thousand empty seats and they are struggling to accommodate.

Disgraceful from Newport, really is pathetic

1 Like

https://www.southwalesargus.co.uk/sport/20599826.michael-flynn-set-newport-county-return-walsall/

1 Like

It’s not the football club that are at fault, it’s the rugby club that own the ground.

1 Like

We don’t play Rugby mate.

To be honest, we haven’t played much football either over the last few seasons. :joy:

6 Likes

See you there!

1 Like

Anyone want a ticket?

Im still way too sore and full of stitches too make it, only problem someone needs too go collect from ticket office… Can have it for free tho

7 Likes