W 1-0 vs Newport County (A) - League Two - Sat 6th Aug, 3pm

https://upthesaddlers.com/t/the-view-from-the-other-side-newport-county

A view from a Newport County fan here

Hi fellas, if anyone has a ticket, but isnt going now, happy to buy your ticket!!!

Take it there will be no extra tickets coming our way then .

Slap it on EBay! Buy it now 5K.

1 Like

Looking unlikely unless they make them available on the day

A friend of mine reckons we will definitely get extra but it will be a case of how many.

1 Like

Piss take if we don’t get any more. Surely if we do, it’ll have to be pay on the day now being so late on in the week

1 Like

As the stand has to be rebuilt it will depend on how much of the stand has been built and passed a safety inspection before they know how many more tickets might be available. This could be as late as Friday but might be sooner so it could be pay on the day. Just have to wait and see what happens.

Do we seriously believe many more will travel?

Tickets didn’t exactly sell out over night.

1 Like

That was before the hype of last Saturday

4 Likes

I think we’d have taken 850+ if the full allocation had been available. We’ll be lucky to sell 100 more now though.

1 Like

Straight forward place to get to and the weather forecast is good. I reckon we would shift a thousand or very close to after last Saturday.

2 Likes

They were phased in to be fair and sold out way before the game.

We sold out the 600 and odd on the Thursday or Friday last week. We would’ve shifted a few before and after the game on Saturday with the ticket office being accessible and then we’d have had the whole week to sell the rest. We’d have sold this out easy. First away game and on the back of a good result.

Be good if we did, I just haven’t seen all that much noise around it.

Be great to take 1k

If it is pay on the day, unless it’s the full extra 400, I can see people being put off with the uncertainty of not getting a ticket. We get 100+ POTD at away games at the worst of times so a couple hounded won’t cut it for this game.

The problem is how many extra pay-on-the-day seats there might be compared to how many of our ticketless fans are happy to take a punt and turn up at the turnstile. Predictions are ranging from 200-400 that we could shift so any less seats than this and there could potentially be issues (especially if any of those denied entrance are last minute chancers fresh out of the pub).

Other options could be them shifting their own fans along a bit and give us more of the covered stand, or parts of the one opposite - but a bit late to do that now if they have STHs or other numbered tickets already sold along there.

BTW As it’s not all ticket for home fans, how are they going to police any Saddlers not wearing colours buying tickets for their ends online or at the gate?

1 Like

I think this is poor from Newport.
All summer to sort this and show the contempt for away fans, by still not confirming. Fans need to organise travel and lots of other variables and we are 2 days away from the game ? Shocking treatment, and very poor planning on their side.

2 Likes

Guessing many will not bother now.

1 Like