W 1-0 vs Northampton Town (H) - League Two - Tue 4th Oct, 7:45pm

Aye , it will now be a Tuesday night game and it’s unlikely to generate the amount of full paying away fans that it would have tomorrow, as well as our own non season ticket holders.

2 Likes

No fun allowed this weekend!

3 Likes

So the same that could happen at the pub, which are all open as usual?

2 Likes

Hope the Mrs doesn’t catch wind of that.

Sure you can all cope with a weekend of no football.

I don’t think the “ real elite” run football or other sports. There was no directive to cancel sport. This was a decision taken by those who run sport in the misguided belief that by doing so they are paying respect. Those of us who rated her and her service to our Country will pay our respects in our own way. To cancel our sport is simply wrong .

4 Likes

Let’s hope NTFC get a difficult FAC draw. We can rearrange this fixture for FAC rd 2 day.

2 Likes

Merely serves to reinforce my republican sentiments.

3 Likes

Not a Government or Crown decision so if you don’t agree with it any criticism should be aimed at the league.

As far as wider closures of other busineses are concerned normal protocol would call for some closures and the declaration of a bank holiday; however I’m led to believe that the queen knowing this was coming and the diffucult time businesses/people are having left instructions that there should be no bank holiday or enforced closures and it should be left up to people themselves to do what they want.

Amen. Piss take.

Itll be a weekend of italian and spanish football i guess.

What a stupid call . No football . We must mourn the queen :see_no_evil:

2 Likes

Blame the EFL they were given the choice to go ahead and decided not to.
Like i said be very surprised if given the same choice the boxing is cancelled tommorow night.

Tuesday’s game will go ahead according to the club

1 Like

The correct decision. The greatest ever Britain, longest serving monarch history who dedicated her entire adult life to duty and service on our behalf. It’s quite sad that people can’t show put their usual lives on hold for just a few days to mark her 71 years of service and mark this momentous and extremely sad occasion. Never again will we see the like of Queen Elizabeth II.

7 Likes

Tone deaf. In the middle of an economic crisis clubs now lose millions, fans lose travel money, accommodation, and the chance to enjoy time off well spent all on a day’s notice, yet the stock market is still open?

4 Likes

And staff lose wages mate

Probably a 20k hit for the club. No doubt the EFL will find a away of making up the shortfall.

Not at all, this is for me a once in a lifetime event, in fact probably more profound than that, there are more important things sometimes than money. It’s an opportunity for people to reflect, grieve if they need to and then reset. I am sure next games will go ahead as normal.

3 Likes