W 1-0 vs Northampton Town (H) - League Two - Tue 4th Oct, 7:45pm

9th-10th September.

There were no EFL matches scheduled for Sunday or Monday this weekend.

1 Like

Ok thank you. The from bit confused me

As do most of us :moneybag::moneybag::moneybag:

3 Likes

Mark of respect? Forcing football clubs to close affecting many low paid staff and small businesses to suffer a loss in earnings when times are hard enough as it is criminal in its self.

We should be encouraged to celebrate the life of the Queen im sure all clubs across the uk would have had some sort service before kick off.

Yet people are forced to lose money.

6 Likes

I actually just don’t understand how that’s perceived to be a mark of respect, I really don’t? :man_shrugging::man_shrugging:

2 Likes

The respect bit, is basically do as you’re told and remember who’s boss, and you might be allowed out to play at some future date.

1 Like

The peasants must mourn…

The weekend was always gonna be off out of “respect” , I think games will be back on Tuesday. They would have already called those off I think if they wanted too.

3 Likes

This is further evidence of who the real elite are in this country. It’s not the Islington lawyers and doctors, professors and authors, like the right wing papers and their disciples would have you believe. It is old money, breeding and title. Always was.

4 Likes

Just like the last three years then……

Stay at home, close the curtains, keep quiet, and only listen to BBC Radio News for the next ten days. Just like last time, because that’s the only way.

3 Likes

Personally I believe the game should have been on.
I respect the queen as a person but monarchy had little interest to me
Imagine the passion of thousands of fans singing the national anthem , helping any who need it to release any pent up emotion , for the normal man to say thank you and get on with his day, and for those who don’t care to be allowed to live their life as normal
Now people will be sitting alone at home watching tv
Weird decision, probably financed based with police more than anything

3 Likes

Confirmation from the FA that all football fixtures in England this weekend are postponed.

1 Like

On the other hand if we get 3 postponed games it’s 3 more games for the injured posse to come back for… :smile:

3 Likes

Depending on when it will be, hopefully some of our injured players will be available for the rearranged fixture. Liam Gordon for one.

2 Likes

Even my lads u12 game has been cancelled on Sunday!

What level of respect did you want. Birthday cards ?

They didn’t cancel the football in 1952…

What do you mean? Why would I want or send a birthday card if I weren’t interested In The monarchy? Sorry I’m lost

Club Will lose a lot of money off the back of this game, decent away following etc.

There was no need to cancel, it could have been used as a positive.

3 Likes

Whilst I respect both point of views, for me the right decision
Agree a minutes silence would have been nice to be part of, I do wonder if somewhere (not at WFC) a racist comment or drunk few would raise there heads during a game and with some individuals reacting souring the day especially as in some areas as police availability will be decreased due to national events
It’s right that we all play or we all don’t
Decision made we move on

2 Likes