W 1-0 vs Port Vale (A) - League Two - Tue 23rd Nov, 7:45pm

or it could be that Fullerton knows what he’s doing as well and recruited well but it’s taking time to settle.

2 Likes

You don’t often see full tables anymore like you used to in the “pinks” but this site does them, and also home and away tables too - https://www.sportsmole.co.uk/football/league-two/table.html

10th best away from home but only 16th when we’re at Fortress Bescot. :thinking:

Interesting that on away form Swindon are top but only 21st at home (including last night’s win over Hartlepool or else they’d be bottom).

1 Like

None of that has anything to do with players settling. It’s nice to have gelling pop up again though on a Port Vale/Darrell Clarke related thread :wink:

1 Like

We are not good enough to string 3/4 wins together so your always chasing at the rate we pick up points.

If you know what your doing you don’t start the season so disjointed.

3 Likes

Love this.

Better clothes, better looking, better football team. And he knows it!

31 Likes

I was parked up near the British Pole Dance Academy (unwittingly) back towards Middleport and we didn’t see any of their fans at all once we walked out of Hamil Road to the junction with the B5051.

Haha…what a pic!!

Just seen the responses to that picture on twitter. The picture says it all so is there really any need for some of the really nasty stuff? Some of it is cringeworthy :rage:

Sweet tears :rofl: from their forum

"It’s not just in midfield. We’re light at the back and, when Proctor is out, light up top but the infuriating thing is that we have some muscle - and football - on the bench. This is League 2, we’re not in League 1 yet, and while we’re here we have to learn to match scrubbers like Walsall on the pitch.

And you’re right about the formation too. We can’t turn up again with 352 against another team like Hartlepool who will know exactly what to do to beat us, nailed on. Not arguing to abandon 352 but when it’s as plain as your face that we’ve been sussed, we have to change it. Askey couldn’t do it, DC can and let’s hope he does.

Starting Saturday."

They had one bloke sent off and two others booked for dangerous tackles. The one towards the end of the game by Smith in particular could easily have been another red. As mentioned earlier, their defender also tried to level Wilkinson in the build up to the goal.

I don’t think they can quite grasp the concept of their team being outworked and outplayed so have to resort to labelling us as a dirty side that was only interested in the ugly side of the game.

Talking of the sending off. Did anyone see Labadie when Conlon received his red card? Ruffles his hair on the way off. :joy: :pinched_fingers:

From 1:43 onwards…

1 Like

:joy: Brilliant

Looks like Rushworth is all set to stay for the whole season according to this - https://www.theargus.co.uk/sport/19737053.carl-rushworth-talks-brighton-walsall-england-under-21s/

3 Likes

Thought this tackle on Ward could have warranted more than a yellow. Late and full weight on Ward’s standing leg, lucky not to get injured.

sorry no audio

2 Likes

Yep, on second view that could easily be a red too. Don’t show that to the Burslem lot though. :man_shrugging:

Ref’s chest push on Osadebe is an easy yellow.

2 Likes

My first viewing of the tea but not shocked at those records we are a team built to play on the break … look at the goal from
Last night

Nice to have an identity !

I’m not sure why people still use that," their cup final" jibe. They might as well just say," I didn’t see this coming, and I’m really peed off about it."

5 Likes

To be fair, I think had that game been at the Banks’s’sss with 1500+ Valliants there and they had won 1-0 we would have been saying much the same

Maybe but that’s not really the point. The point is that it’s now so transparent. You’re basically saying, " I’m pretending I’m not bothered, but you know I am."