W 1-0 vs Port Vale (A) - League Two - Tue 23rd Nov, 7:45pm

I was thinking as I was driving back, that felt like one of the best away atmospheres in years. Seeing Taylor gesturing to turn the volume up at the end and hearing the response was one of the best examples of unity we’ve seen in a good while. Never stopped making a noise.

More than can be said about the scruffy Vale lot down the side. Not a peep throughout and about 150 of them just pointing and giving it the biggun pretending to hold themselves back from storming the away end. Hilarious, as is the aspersion that this was just some big ‘cup final’ for us. That Clarke ego is clearly contagious given that Vale Park is one of the happiest hunting grounds for us. We’ve [checks notes] won 8 of our 13 visits there this millennium, including a 5-0 pasting.

In a way, I suppose Clarke and Vale were the perfect match last night. Both have delusions of grandeur but neither had the substance to back it up. Lovely stuff.

8 Likes

Chip shops closing had to get there quick.

1 Like

Quality from Labadie :rofl: :joy: :clap:

1 Like

Have to laugh at the cup final jibes. Our only cup final at Wembley we lost whereas you have to have a long memory to recall the last time we didn’t win at Fail Park.

The gift that keeps giving. They sound a bit like we were in the Dutton days

1 Like

I wonder if any of them have been over here to take a peek? :grin:

Think thats a dead cert

1 Like

There’s been a couple of quoted posts, so definitely.

2 Likes

Still on a high after last night.
What an atmosphere on a cold night in Burslem. That was how football used to be years ago.

Chatted to some Vale fans whilst trying to find the car in the back streets who said we thoroughly deserved the win and wished us well.
They also said they would rather suffer losing to us in a local derby than be be playing non clubs like Stevenage/ Crawley or Salford who on a good night would being 50 fans.

7 Likes

Yep. One of mine popped up on there pre match.

I quite like them to be honest. I like their ground - a lot, I like that it’s close by and I absolutely love that we always beat them.

1 Like

Ur infamous :grin: :wink:

Brilliant news if true.

He’ll be where Sam Johnstone is now in 5 years time imo so just have to enjoy him while he’s here for next 6 months.

I did go to bed in a bit better frame of mind last night​:slightly_smiling_face::slightly_smiling_face::slightly_smiling_face:

5 Likes

Yup. Think I woke up with a big grin this morning.

1 Like

Thank you to Matt Taylor and the Walsall players for recognizing how much last night meant to Walsall fans and for putting in a shift. It was fantastic to get one over DC.

A great night to remember.

6 Likes

Enjoyed this.

5 Likes

https://twitter.com/WFCOfficial/status/1463462400980500480

And this.

That’s a cracking blog :+1:t2:

2 Likes

Great to hear a measured view from a proper fan.
I’d actually quite like to share a beer with this guy.

Would still love to finish above them though.

7 Likes

https://twitter.com/i/status/1463265563782881289