W 1-0 vs Stevenage (H) - League Two - Sat 28th Aug, 3pm

All back to The Banks’s’s’s’s’s for an exciting League Two tie with Stevenage.

After only surviving in the EFL during 19/20 ,because of the demise of the then Macclesfield Town, where they won about 3 games all season, 20/21 brought about a 14th place finish for them under the guidance of Alex Revell who is still their manager at present.

This season so far has brought about a mixed back of results for the Hertfordshire-based side, with their league fixtures so far being:

7th Aug - Barrow (H) - Won 1-0
14th Aug - Bristol Rovers (A) - Won 2-0
17th Aug - Bradford City (A) - Lost 4-1
21st Aug - Port Vale (H) - Drew 1-1

Moving on to The Saddlers.

We go into the game winless this season across all competitions, (in fact we’ve only won one game including pre-season!) and in desperate need of something here to stop the rot from taking a firmer grip and allowing it to start setting.

Will Matt Taylor get it right this weekend? After the Hartlepool defeat I wouldn’t be surprised to see Ash Taylor replaced by Manny Monthe at the very least. In other changes, should Tyrese Shade be fit, I’d welcome his inclusion into the starting XI too.

Of course, we have 7 days left of the Transfer window and we may announce a wonder signing to score some goals for us before this game………

Back in the real world, what do you think the starting XI will be? We will most likely be playing 4-2-3-1 as this appears to be THE formation we are wanting to stay with.

Can we turn the season around?

Finally, let’s not forget this is the game that our leadership team said would be the game we can judge differences in the matchday experiende. Fingers crossed it’s better all round!

Walsall vs Stevenage - Match Result
  • Walsall Win
  • Draw
  • Stevenage Win

0 voters

1 Like

Always an optimist. Saddlers to win 2-0

Don’t lump on

2 Likes

First 4 votes all going for a draw - first thing everyone’s agreed on for about 3 years :joy:

6 Likes

I’ve said a draw. Which based upon what I’ve seen so far is optimistic.

From what Taylor has said we may be more pragmatic on Saturday. The whole league is about strength, fitness and keeping it simple. Most teams began building for that in May. We might just be starting.

Let’s hope one or two if the injured lads are back and we can begin competing.

3 Likes

Stevenage win. They just seem a confident bunch at the moment. It’s quite sad that I just thought maybe, with a bit of luck, we can grind out a draw against Stevenage at home… How did it come to this?

7 Likes

@Jamessaddler has been on the pop, predicting a Walsall win :joy:

3 Likes

How did it come to this, so early on.

1 Like

Remember it’s the fans fault :joy:

6 Likes

We deserve everything we get… :joy:

2 Likes

0-3: can’t score, can’t defend, generally useless…

2 Likes

4-0 to the Super Soaraways. We’re gonna muller 'em…

Who’s prescribing you? DM me their number :joy:

I’m a Professor. I hold the key to the cabinet…

1 Like

Hahaha. I don’t drink @RobHarv3y just think this game we may just box clever and have a bit of nouse or ingenuity to get us a goal.

Got faith for this one :man_facepalming:

1 Like

His finger slipped :joy: :wink:

1 Like

That’s always the excuse

2 Likes

Hahahaha

2-1 win.

Wilkinson and The horse

1 Like

1-0 loss . Early goal second half after a really good 15 mins in the first half then both sides suck.
There striker burns past Taylor with ease who cba to run to get the winning goal
Heads then drop players forget they are paid to care and only kinsella puts in any effort but he is booed anyway
We miss 2 good chances so Taylor is happy we created something