W 2-0 vs Doncaster Rovers (A) - League Two - Fri 2nd Dec, 7:45pm

We’ll be going after work.

3-2 win, Millers bound to score for them… Johnson, hutchinson and Gordon for us

Even if you’re not going all the way to Doncaster, our game is available on iFollow with a different start time to Brazil so no excuse not to watch it …

2 Likes

Amazing support in fairness. I went in 2017 (infamous game when “Whitney out” was being chanted at 3-0 up!) and probably didn’t even reach 300.

Had completely forgotten about this game until logging on just now, why is it Friday night again?

I think this is the sort of game that needs to be won if club is serious about top 7 so I’ll go for a 1-2 win as generally do alright up there since they moved from Belle Vue.

I’ve posted this before, but it’s worth another airing … a demonstration of Black Country humour.

Many years ago we played at Doncaster (I was living in Manchester at the time, easy trip), and our entire team had the proverbial “bad day at the office”. We lost 4-0, and Rovers must have been feeling charitable because it could have gone into double figures. Anyway, walking away from the ground with a small group of Saddlers, we meet a much larger group of home fans head-on - “Here comes trouble” I thought, and as the two groups got closer one of the Walsall lads shakes his fist in the direction of our opponents, and shouts “And let that be a lesson to yer”.

Ice broken, much laughter, and everyone goes in peace!

3 Likes

If England had finished as group runners-up it would have clashed with Saturday afternoon games. A lot of non-league matches have changed kick off just in case.

It’ll be on the laptop in the background.

1 Like

Got your priorities wrong - laptop front and centre, TV in the background with the sound down. :grin:

2 Likes

Just so long as Mrs Crod doesn’t decide from now till tomorrow that there’s some more grouting required in the on suite in bedroom 6 …

3 Likes

She’s out tomorrow with the girls playing dirty bingo so I’m all clear.

1 Like

Got the mistress coming round while she’s out?

1 Like

He’s already said, he’s got the laptop in the background :wink:

7 Likes

What’s dirty bingo

Yes, really!
I was referring to January onwards. Wilkinson and McEntee have already been on the bench so they’re not far off from getting some match time in. Labs and Riley should be back in weeks rather than months.
It’s also dependent what we do in the window, who goes out and who we bring in - it may be nobody as is usual for our transfer activity in January. Flynn may want to make some minor changes or leave things as they are.
Retaining DJ has to be priority number 1, as long as Mansfield don’t want ridiculous money for him, and he wants to play here, it shouldn’t be a problem.

1 Like

“Not that far from full fitness” implies days not weeks or months still!!

Wilkinson is still at least two weeks from games probably more, and it’ll be weeks again before he’s fully fit, even allowing for no setbacks.

Labadie is still 4-8 weeks from contact training I’d imagine which means 6-10 before playing and again it’ll be longer before fully fit.

Riley doesn’t even know if the op was a success yet let alone have a time scale out on playing!

McEntee may be close to fit but he’s way off fully fit.

And you know that for fact do you?

Nasty fixture but we have become a bit of a spoiler team :wink: i fancy a draw

Well I’ve listened to what was actually said rather than what I wanted to hear if that’s what you mean.

I said before the game Saturday amidst hyperbole over Wilkinson getting minutes and stated quite clearly it was a clever ruse to lift the crowd each time he warmed up, and Mf confirmed afterwards he was never ever getting on! That’s not someone who’s about to play for me.

The others are obvious

It is where the number 69 becomes VERY significant :joy: :wink:
And Kelly’s eye is painful :wink:

I think numbers 88 and 11 clash in a sordid fetish swingers party as well!:crazy_face::grimacing::laughing:

Surprised they didn’t just put it down as a 1pm Saturday kick off.