W 2-0 vs Gillingham (H) - League Two - Sat 18th March, 3pm

Total challenges Tom Knowles is the highest ranked Walsall player at 16th with 627. Kinsella is second on 554 and is ranked 32nd. Comley is 41st on 533.

But challenges actually won sees Comley highest with 332 in 12rh, Kinsella on 312 in 21st with Knowles on 249 in 45th.

Successful tackles sees Kinsella at 18th on 80, followed by Comley at 21st on 77. Maddox come win at 48th with 52, Knowles has 50 and Hutchinson 43.

Kinsella is our highest player on interceptions in 19 th place on 189, Comley in 32nd with 164, Knowles in 68th with 117 and Hutchinson in 77th on 108.

Make of that what you will :joy:

1 Like

Give me a minute!!! Ffs!!! I was asked a question earlier that I said Iā€™d answer tonight!! I just have!!

Knowles and Riley are on 205 but obviously Riley is a very small sample of game time.

Kinsella is 192 and Comley 200 so 19th place allowing for those
On the same

So basically the stats show that Kinsella is actually pretty good at playing his role.

But again stats are not the only measure.

1 Like

Personally speaking Iā€™ve said this all season. But Iā€™m not sure people hear unless itā€™s what they want to hear.

On day one of the season I didnā€™t have any access to his stats when I said, and I quote ā€œKinsellas pressing is insaneā€.

That was using my eyes. The stats back it up in most cases.

2 Likes

Iā€™ll try and put together as much data as I can and I can then transfer into an excel spreadsheet that you can sort the data how you like. If anyone wants it, DM me and Iā€™ll email it.

Then Iā€™ll just sit back and watch the carnage begin

2 Likes

Next Slide-Rule Pass Please

4 Likes

I used to play online poker not so many years ago. I was pretty good too, one of a very small percentage of winners. I got good by spending lots of my spare time studying, with the help of a few good mentors. I won because I made fewer mistakes than the players I was playing against. One of the stats I havenā€™t seen mentioned, by the way, cos pretty much all sports and games are won by the person/team that makes the least mistakes.

Now there is so much information available on optimal game theory, and so many stats available while in play the games are barely beatable at any kind of level. You can still win but the edge that was once there,by being the best at spotting patterns and exploiting them is now so minimal itā€™s hardly worth the bother. Reading this it feels like football is going that way.

If you enjoy trawling through stats then fair play. To me, even though I donā€™t have a beer now, it is still about spending time with my Sons, meeting friends, and seeing familiar faces. The atmosphere and most importantly the memories.

I have watched enough football over the years to be able to have a reasonable opinion about football, to analyse it to such an extent to watch matches more than once and trawling through stats feels painful to me. Guess itā€™s a good thing we arenā€™t all the same.

7 Likes

Make of that what you will.
Comley and Kinsella are the ball winnerā€™s and the others are the ball players .
Didnā€™t really need reams of stats to tell me this.
Each to their own I suppose.

1 Like

No neither did I :man_shrugging: Iā€™m not sure anyone did, did they?

It was to what extent are they that the details came in to it.

1 Like

Can I have stats please on the loudest Walsall game by boos this season in decibels and which Walsall player now or former is statistically most likely to be in a Serial killer documentary
Thank you

2 Likes

Not a lot to talk about at the moment I suppose but this stats talk is so fecking booooringā€‹:zzz::zzz::zzz::zzz::zzz:. :joy:

2 Likes

Exactly. And I was giving my opinion. I know you donā€™t deal with opinions but thereā€™s no stats to bore people with on this one. It was my opinion, and I gave it :+1:t3:

1 Like

You seem a little confusedā€¦.but Iā€™m not sure that was too difficult tbh

ā€œNo one is telling you what your opinion is at all. Your opinion is your opinion, all the stats are, are a tool to use or not use to help form, substantiate or debunk an opinion. Your eyes are one form of this, a conversation in a pub is another and a match report is anotherā€¦.they can all contribute to someone forming an opinion and stats are just another tool.

What I would say is, the most well informed opinions are just that. Well informed. If you have an opinion on politics or a person, youā€™d do well to read up or watch more informative programmes on that subject to gain a more informed opinion.

No one has ever looked at stats and become LESS informed after reading them. How much notice you take is down to an individual, or the subject or whether you want to be swayed from your preconceived opinion in the first place.

Ultimately itā€™s still just your opinion thoughā€

I mean I couldnā€™t have been more clear about it tbh :joy::man_shrugging:

Iā€™ll have two from the top and one from the bottom, please Rachel!

Stats mean nothing if the person reading them chooses to ignore them or disregard them to suit oneā€™s own agenda
Stats are a funny thing

Stats are for premier league level . You can see everything in between the fouls, long balls ,long thows , time wasting with your own eyes at this level .

2 Likes

Looks like he may miss the rest of the season :bell: end

I saw on SSN a member of the refereeing union arguing the minimum ban he should receive is half a season and that his personal opinion was he should be banned from football permanently.

2 Likes

Heā€™s a fantastic striker with some exceptional goal tallies over the years but heā€™s also a massive pain in the arse.