W 2-0 vs Port Vale (H) - League Two - Sat 23rd Apr, 3pm

Yeah, they’ll blunder into the away dressing room after the match and knock all the sandwiches on the floor, trip over the champagne buckets, and then cause Tom Conlon to go to A&E by elbowing him in the eye while energetically dancing to the Birdie Song. Party well and truly pooped. Job done despite Vales resounding win. :rofl:

3 Likes

It’s hard to motivate the fans even vs vale when we suck , nothing to play for, manager admits some players just can’t be arsed any more and it’s a potential vale promotion party.
Doesn’t sound fun for us does it really?

1 Like

I hate to say it but i can see us being gjven a footballing lesson today. A draw would be the best we can hope for!!

1 Like

My first home game in a while. Looks like the club are listening; a bit of a fanzone with a DJ and outdoor beer pumps near the club shop …

6 Likes

The negativity doesn’t seem to have got through to the fans - stadium suite much busier than usual at this time.

4 Likes

It certainly is , we have a long standing PV season ticket holder with us , he’s amazed how impressive our pre match experience is compared to there’s

After last week’s changes, back to the same 11 who beat Carlisle in the last home game. The only change from that team is Shaw for Ward on the bench. Leak, Perry, Mills and Menayese all back on the bench again today.

Good but playing ‘Deliah’ is abit naff. Should be about us not Vale.

Note Rushworth in goal again, if I were Rose I would be looking for a new team over the summer, he obviously doesn’t feature in Flynn’s plans. Or could it be the terms of the loan deal?
Also no kids in the team, I know we would like to win today, but does it ‘really’ matter? surely we need to be looking at our youngsters to see if they are worth keeping?
Could be demoralising for home fans as Vale celebrate possible promotion, even more galling that DC is at the helm following his abandonment of the ship team we were left with!

And now Captain DJ is playing ‘hi ho’. Ive had to walk away.

Doubt they’d be impressed much either - that’s Stoke City’s anthem not theirs. :joy:

2 Likes

Build me up buttercup now :joy::joy::joy:

Sure is.

1 Like

Well I’ve decided to give it a miss. Can’t be bothered to sit and watch rubbish with Vale fans lapping it up as they win 3-0.

2 Likes

It only works for players coming back to haunt us unfortunately.

:rofl::rofl::rofl: i know a die hard fan when i see one!

Mal Benning on for them hope he does not score But ___you all know the law.

Regardless of how the game goes, it was good to see @Scooby2167 and @RedandWhite in the Stadium Suite before the game (and put a face to the user name).

2 Likes

Currently an inflatable dog being thrown about the lower tier :man_facepalming:t2:

1 Like