W 2-0 vs Telford United (A) - Friendly - Sat 16th July, 3pm

Yeah
That’s what I did from the link above posted by @jonathan
A tenner with no booking fees.

Just a word of warning to those travelling, there were a number of incidents of crowd disorder at Telford games last season and they have an unpleasant youth element who seem determined to make a name for themselves so with a high profile local football league team visiting I’d keep colours in cars discrete and exercise caution around Wellington and the stadium.

3 Likes

Is this warning aimed at all of us or just those that have never been away before?

1 Like

I was going to take kids but think I will give it a miss if there is going to be trouble

Dunno if I want to go now to hot to fight kids

This sounds like a perfect away day for chunks😀 I suppose there might be a few Shrewsbury yoof looking for a bit of aggro , especially after spending all day looking after the flock of sheep on the Wrekin.

3 Likes

:joy: Probably quite a few years ago, prefer to go with wife now, and she warned me in no uncertain terms :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

Presume some here went to the FA Cup tie in 1989. Any bother at that?

Probably be about his hight if they around 10 years old :rofl:

1 Like

I was at that. Probably our best performance of that dire season.

No bother at all.

Which I’m sure will be the case on Saturday.

2 Likes

No hassle v Salop afaik the other night.

1 Like

We’ll be there.

Hoping we pick our first choice team tomorrow, and give them atleast 60 mins as im interested to know where we are in terms of Formation and style of play. And see where the players are in terms of quality.

Against FC Telford? As much as the rout at home to Villa we shouldn’t get ok despondent about not should we get over excited if we do the same to FC Telford tomorrow. Just hoping it’s a good workout for the lads and we dont suffer any injuries.

Best places to park in and around the ground from anyone who has been before?

Brew and stuff…

If only this was newport away…

Buzzing for it and i dunno why

1 Like

I’ve been informed that there are a few “free for three hours” car parks in Wellington, a short walk from the ground.

1 Like

Has anyone asked if there is a match stream?

2 Likes

Ian Sharps should be able to tell you

2 Likes

Email the SLO…

1 Like