W 2-0 vs Telford United (A) - Friendly - Sat 16th July, 3pm

Ta Simon

1 Like

No Menayese…suggests he’s on his way?

Normally I pick up the new signings pretty quickly but half this team still a mystery to me…who’s actually the CF in that as by that teamsheet Peter Clarke will be playing striker today! :joy:

Edit: Didn’t see Williams name there given he’s in with the defenders.

Think they’ve ordered that list by squad number. Reckon Maher or F.Clarke is playing off Williams

1 Like

Blimey, has Flynn requested we play with 2 sets of goals so our strikers have a better chance of scoring, he’s nobody’s fool that fella😂

4 Likes

Triallists seem to be those from the Villa game, bar Richards-Everton.

1 Like

Looking at them warming up, Maher and Williams look like the 2 up front with F. Clarke just behind them.

Anyone know if theres tv coverage.

Sky Sports Main Event

1 Like

That’s not unusual for the Railway. :joy:

Another 100m and the Cock looked busy.

Daniels captain again. Good choice if you ask me. I’d keep him as captain even when Lab’s is fit.

Monthe seems to have started at LB.

Glad to hear the cock was busy, and so it should be on a sunny afternoon in the summertime.

If you are on no rush back to Bilbrook on the stopper train, stop off at Oakengates and try the Old Fighting Cocks (same owners as the Pheasant) and the Crown right opposite.

2 Likes

Firstly visit to Telford, great little ground and easily better than a large majority in our league.

In our new-look squad, I wonder who takes the pelanties??? :thinking:

It isn’t 3-5-2 today? Monthe as LWB would be some sight…

Looks 4-5-1

Definitely 4 a the back.

1 Like

Interesting. Signing all these players for 3-5-2 just to play other systems…Whitney did that in summer 2017 and lost his job six months later. Then Clarke also shifted formation early in his first season.

Far too many CBs on the books if it really is going to be 4 at the back…Clarke isn’t coming here to warm the bench so him and Daniels has to be the main pairing. Can’t see any logic in Monthe at LB though!