W 2-0 vs Wycombe Wanderers (A) - FA Cup Round One - Sat 5th Nov, 3pm

Looking at the line-ups for the 2 F.A. Cup matches tonight, I see that 9 substitutes are allowed - with the exception of poor old Morecambe, who are facing Sheffield Wednesday away with only 6 subs.

At Wycombe tomorrow, bearing in mind our squad injury situation, can we actually name 9 subs???

1 Like

Nope, not without dipping into the youth team. Assuming Johnson is able to play we have 18 fit first team players.

Na i would have been sent off for punching him :joy: :wink:

1 Like

After Josh went to see Portsmouth the other night, and hearing his report i have had a few quid on win or draw on Hereford at 3/1 :wink:

Hearing that bell ringing in the crowd i keep thinking the bloody chip van is outside :joy:

GET IN :laughing:

Seeing the scorer’s name for Sheffield Wednesday (Windass) I immediately thought “He must be getting on by now, Dean Windass” … nope, it’s his son Josh!!

Old age isn’t all it’s cracked up to be :wink:

2 Likes

Currently Hereford 1 - 1 Portsmouth

1 Like

1-2 poor defending

1-3 i think they have run themselves out
Good luck to Portsmouth (unless we get them) :grin: thought Danny Cowley was very gracious in his interview

2 Likes

It’s good to see a Manager who appreciates what success and progress in the FA Cup can mean to a club.

2 Likes

Can only think of 2 memorable moments away ay Wycombe.

1. Only memorable moment of the Hutchins era coming back from 2 down to win late on.
  2. Rambo scoring 2(I think) against us to beat us and still getting cheered and sung off the pitch at the end by our fans. That’s when you know you’ve reached true legend status at Walsall.
2 Likes

The Graydon first season we played them early on.

We’d won at Gillingham through an own goal but then played out a really dull nil nil at home against Northampton on a Tuesday night. Think we also drew against QPR 0-0 in the league cup.

So expectations were still very low and it didn’t look like this team could score.

The performance and win at Wycombe in that third league game (I’m sure there was another o.g in a 2-1) was huge and then the follow up win at home to Burnley meant that the team had got off to an unexpectedly good start. And we carried on doing unexpectedly good things for the rest of that memorable season.

2 Likes

Home rather than away, but when Chris Nicholl was manager we played them in whatever the Papa John was that year. We smashed them 5-0 (I think Killer scored the lot) and their manager made them stay out on the pitch at half-time.

What pubs are everyone going in wycombe

Here you go mate, a good memory of mine. Great day with a little bit of sadness as it was the first game after Graydon was sacked. Probably/possibly the last time we beat a Premier League team. Good times will return mate, keep the faith.

2 Likes

My favourite game v Wycombe all be it was at Bescot. Played them on New Year’s Day, 4-2 I think it was. Great game. I had a little bit of a hangover that day. Pretty sure Martin O’Neill was their manager at the time.

2 Likes

I remember it well. Along with many other Saddlers fans, that day, I wore a flat cap as a tribute to Sir Ray.

What a day that was!! Didint even know jorge had put it away till he ran away in celebration!

The net in roof come down fans was in limbs! Between that and play offs are possibly the best games ive been too!! Maybe the 4-1 at home too Albion.

Zigor is a player i always remember with fond memorys…Terrible defender, cracking whip on a ball tho

Remember that sure it was when Nicholl was manager?

Hibbitt I think mate.

1 Like