W 2-1 vs Accrington Stanley (H) - League Two - Tue 27th Feb, 7:45pm

I’m guessing the ref don’t like the cold :stuck_out_tongue:

Poo :poop::poop::poop:

I dont believe for one second that the pitch is unplayable

Utter BS

lol jinx

But one bloke does !

Not surprised. The away penalty area looked frozen solid and that’ll take more than the temperature rising a few degrees above freezing to sort when it never sees the sun.

11 Likes

What the fook am I going to do now :joy:

4 Likes

At least we know early. As indeed do both Accrington fans who were planning to travel. Can crack on with our weekend now.

Gives the injured players another week of recovery. And a chance for the new lads to assimilate.

8 Likes

Why? We have had days of below zero temperatures and a third of the pitch gets no sunlight.
Games just don’t go ahead these days unfortunately. Health and Safety culture rules the roost.

1 Like

Over here in Telford, the last few days our cars have been white over first thing and took ages to defrost (temperature down to -4C) but yoday they are clear and it’s a balmy +5C already.

Guess that the frozenness of the pitch must extend well below the surface and not expected to improve enough by 3pm?

1 Like

Pub?

1 Like

I know its no ones fault but I hate this when a planned social Saturday afternoon out turns into a rushed Tuesday night game :unamused:

15 Likes

Hasn’t dropped below 3 degrees since yesterday afternoon and forecast is 7 with some rain about, I think its insane

Not to mention the club could do a LOT more to ensure games go ahead, they just need to spend a bit more money.

I think its pathetic and tinpot

1 Like

Dan, please don’t talk sense, it goes against the ‘club are useless’ culture…

Ground ‘looks’ fine here where I live, no visible signs of frost, but the ground/soil is rock solid, but the grass itself is ok…

3 Likes

Yep, was really looking forward to today

Study and learn more about Carol kirkwoods isobars and it will also make you feel better.

I think it is extremely rude of you to claim that Accrington only have two fans. :blush:

2 Likes

Stockport have loads of money as do Mansfield and their games are off.
Undersoil heating costs an absolute fortune and would make no sense. For the amount of games we lose to the weather it doesn’t add up to spend big money.

2 Likes

At least you would be assured a warm front.

1 Like