W 2-1 vs Accrington Stanley (H) - League Two - Tue 27th Feb, 7:45pm

But you’ll go blind too…

Not shocked but annoyed when they previously tweetrd that they expect no issues.

1 Like

Guess I’ll have to spend some time with the wife :confused:

2 Likes

Club might think it was ok SirKen, but if the ref ain’t happy it ain’t going to happen, it is his responsibility ultimately

I dont mean undersoil heating, blowers, covers, plenty of companies do it.

They’ll be minimum 500 less on the gate on a Tuesday, maybe double that.

:joy: :joy: :joy:

Just say nothing at all then.

Pitch inspection tomorrow at 9 would be suffice

2 Likes

I might go and watch Kiddy Harriers if there’s remains on. Be good to see Phil Brown under one of them heaters topping up the Tan

1 Like

Alfreton brought in covers and blowers for the cup tie but the game was still off. Makes no sense for the odd game.

2 Likes

Fair point, maybe they were confident it would go ahead at the time??

1 Like

Some people not physically inspecting pitch but sitting in the warm - “pathetic, that is playable” :heavy_check_mark:

Official actually present and inspecting pitch - “nope, that’s not playable” :x:

Nothing tinpot about this - 4th division club inspect pitch early on match day, communicated the day before, official inspects, deems unplayable, notice given early for all involved. Not the first and won’t be the last to have victim fall to weather but comms better.

Spend money on The Locker - “ridiculous, waste of money, rubbish benches”
Spend thousands on heating equipment/appliances to get 1 game a season on - “why don’t we do it, makes sense, we’re so tinpot”

15 Likes

Thats because it was still freezing and in the Derby dales

Not sure why people don’t just look at the forecast. Accrington isnt THAT far away, give it until 11am, it’s quite ridiculous

A sensible decision, should have been postponed yesterday really. Safety has to take precedent.

Gutted, was really looking forward to today but i suppose that’s a measure on how much we have improved people are actually excited about going to the match. Suppose it gives players extra recovery time also might get one or two new faces through the door. UTS

1 Like

Same here

Should play it on our back lawn, it’s playable on there.

How are conditions in the undercroft?

2 Likes

True KC. We’ve had enough ACLs/other injuries to last a life time, last thing we need is to play on a surface that could exasperate things

1 Like

Surprised to be honest, I thought they would get it on.

Never mind, just have to improve our Tuesday night results.

1 Like

Off to see grandson at Sutton 4g pitch 10:30 kick off couple pints after game .

1 Like