W 2-1 vs Accrington Stanley (H) - League Two - Tue 27th Feb, 7:45pm

Sutton 1-0 up away at Mansfield with new manager Steve Morison in charge.

1 Like

Seventh game in February. It can be tough.

Bradford City 0 Salford City 1 (14 min) ā€¦ now 1-1 (20 min)

M K Dons 1 AFC Wimbledon 0 ā€¦ now 2-0 (16 min o.g.) ā€¦ now 3-0 (22 min) ā€¦ 3-1 (53 min)

Mansfield Town 1 Sutton Utd 1 (35 min)

AFC Wimbledon down to 9 men at the Dongs (73 min)

Accrington sign a new keeper from Man U on loan. From twitter (X)

Here we finally are, a month later we finally play our home game vs Accrington

Three points and we gatecrash into the playoff positions!

2 Likes

Huge game

3 Likes

Massive game letā€™s get an atmosphere going at home for once and back the boys

3 Likes

Accringtonā€™s form i donā€™t like. WDLWDL. Next one should be a W. Hope itā€™s not

Letā€™s get really behind the lads for this game and get the win for Chrissy Nicholl

14 Likes

Yep, a 1-0 win after playing for 60 minutes with 10 men after Rod McDonald has nutted their Centre half will do me.

A quick ā€œheads upā€ - I wonā€™t be doing any updates during the Accrington game (ā€œHoorayā€ I hear you shout) because Iā€™ll be up in the skies coming back from a couple of monthsā€™ warmth in Malta.

ETA Gatport Airwick is 10.45pm, and Iā€™ll be feverishly scrolling my mobile, to hopefully see our League 2 position IN THE PLAY-OFF ZONEā€¦

20 Likes

Iā€™m assuming that there will be some commemoration of Stan Blandford as well as Chris Nicholl tomorrow night? More reason to be there and be early in order to show our respect and appreciation of 2 people very much ingrained in the clubā€™s history in different ways.

5 Likes

BA2615, I presume.

Absolutely correct!!

1 Like

This is a big game because itā€™s the next game.

Will be tough and physical. A real and different type of test for our defensive unit.

Like on Saturday we need to earn the right. But if we work hard and earn that right then Iā€™m hoping for another good night.

Tierney isnā€™t as good as Earing in the midfield role but he works so hard and covers so much ground that in the last two games, Earing has replaced him quite early in the second half and chances have flowed from the relative ease in which he loses tired defensive runners.

Hereā€™s hoping for another enjoyable evening and the season extending on as long as possible.

9 Likes

Itā€™s got a 2-0 defeat written all over it in true Walsall style.

Iā€™m not that miserable though, I will go for a 1-0 win, with a late winner from DJT to send us home with a dream in our pocket. You Reds.

2 Likes

Hopefully @KingCrod will post the official advice of what time fans should take up their allocated seats

4 Likes

Well, a little bit of my childhood has just been spoiled tonight.

Told my youngest (age 6) that i was going to watch us play Accrington Stanley tomorrow night, and then proceeded to re-enact the milk advert and watched it back on YouTube. He chuckledā€¦good lad.

I then read that the lad who delivered the iconic ā€œAccrington Stanley, who are they?ā€ line was jailed for life for murder almost exactly a year ago.

What would Ian Rush make of that then eh? (Eh, eh, eh?)

A 1 - 0 win would be a fitting scoreline to honour big Chris.

7 Likes

Whatever the result and the way we are playing support the lads and sadler because they deserve it
Who knows maybe a bit of positivity may push us if we start poorly!
#believe
#pounded

2 Likes