W 2-1 vs Doncaster Rovers (H) - League Two - Monday 8th May, 12:30pm

Got something on Monday afternoon mate so will be making a sharp exit after the game.

No worries Belph I’ll speak on here anyways but have a lovely close season mucka and we’ll have a catch up when we put ourselves through it all again :+1:t2:

1 Like

I hope a lap of honour isn’t planned. That would be a total piss take

3 Likes

Y yo tambien!

1 Like

Pity it’s not at 15-00 as I would have made it from Northwich then.

I’m sure most of the fan base are thinking it’s about time our fortunes (or lack thereof) changed.
For way too many years of misery, the fans have endured week after week of torture on the football pitch, rarely have they gone home happy and wonder why they keep coming back for more abuse.
I’m getting on myself now, this is my 60th year supporting Walsall FC. There hasn’t been a lot to celebrate during those years. I’ve dreamt of top flight football since I was a young lad, yes, I could have easily supported other local clubs like Blues, Villa, Albion and Wolves, but Walsall was my choice and, sometimes, regretfully, I have stuck by that decision.
I could have easily changed my affiliations when I came over here, there wasn’t the internet access there is today which made news of the Saddlers almost impossible.
I really had hope when Pomlett took the reins and I applauded his efforts bringing Trivela and Poundland into the boardroom. LP has made some terrible decisions hiring managers. He’s quickly identified mistakes made and corrected them…for the most part!
The club need’s serious investment (millions) on an off the grass, if they want to progress in the time table Pomlett wants. We’re know where near that at the moment, I was really hoping the Trivela takeover would change things, but so far, it hasn’t.
I’ll be watching on Monday, we all need a rest after another season of abject failure. I pray the board will get the next manager’s decision right, we certainly don’t want to rinse and repeat next season, we’ve all had enough of that!

3 Likes

Although I’m new to this forum I’ve been watching/supporting Walsall for 65 years but this season ranks right up there with the worst of previous seasons.
As far as Doncaster goes in my humble opinion it doesn’t matter with our league position because we won’t go up or down but to attract people we need to show we are a club with ambition, unfortunately we appear to be a club that welcomes journeymen.
I hate being negative about Walsall fc but from the board down we are an utter shambles.
As to the result instead of a celebration of the seasons end I’m simply thinking thank god for that.

9 Likes

This has probably been the greatest disappointment of the entire season.
Just watched Wrexham celebrating their promotion to our division, a club where ‘real’ American investment has taken place, they will without doubt be promoted again next season, whilst we will probably stagnate in mid table once again.
However, I am told that Trivela have put fences around the old Saddlers club, boy are we going places!

4 Likes

Joint record.

Is that the divisional record or just our own PB? Thought the overall FL record was 23 draws …

Our own PB. We drew 20 in Smith’s season when we had the great escspe

1 Like

Me and my nephew will be in attendance now that he has been relieved of his football commitments :grin:

1 Like

It was - think I made nearly every game home and away that season.

1 Like

At the game and in the railway after for a few mucka or just the game itself? It is the last day after all :wink:

1 Like

The railway mate as well as the game :wink:

1 Like

Can we pay on the day at turnstile @Scooby2167 ?

He best be quick then! :smiley:

2 Likes

Top man
Fancy a.quick jolly up down black country arms after. Chunks

Fair Few of us popping in. Should be. A Laugh.
Old beecdale. , pleck. And coalpool streetenders
On the piss. And a few of that infamous bus to Wigan. What could possibly go wrong lol

2 Likes

LMAO :joy:
I swore i never wanted to see their faces ever again :joy:
We may do mate, i will see if @RedandWhite is up for it after the game, he said he had to finish my last pint after the Leicester game :face_with_raised_eyebrow: :grin:

1 Like

Well kidnap redandwhite scooby and moreteavicar. From the railway

Going to try persuade Leno to come along lol.
We can throw him off minibus in Wednesbury road Snd see if he can get. To pub before us lol

1 Like