W 2-1 vs Mansfield Town (H) - League Two - Sun 1st Jan, 3pm

Just seen that White picked up his 5th yellow card of the season so i take it hes suspended for this one.

I believe it was past the cut off point for 5 yellows. I think they reset after 20 games but don’t quote me on that, I am not 100% certain.

Think Maddox will start just to give some fresh legs in final third. No idea if Wilko is up to starting yet, if he is he won’t make it past the hour mark.

Think Flynn would take 0-0 now tbh just to stay in touch with likes of Mansfield rather than losing and them being another one flying off towards top 3.

It is a Clough team so match will be tight and they’ll be plenty of long ball so that will suit the CBs compared to Madden dropping into space behind midfield.

I’ll go for 1-1 and one of the midfielders to score, let’s say Earing.

I would take a draw with two key players gone or unavailable.

Hopefully strengthen the squad soon…

MF has only done it when chasing a game so the players might not be as used to it as the usual formation, but how about going with a 4 at the back?

Gordon has been very quiet going forward in the last couple of games, and it appears most people rate White more as a RB than RWB, so why not play him there and either go 443, 442, or even 451 to negate the loss of Bennett?

I know the obvious choice to replace DJ up front is Wilko, but he played quite a few games last season coming from the right wing in support to someone else as the main striker.

More likely we’ll stay with our standard 3412 (or is it 4231?) but we all remember how sticking rigidly to a single formation led to the downfall of Matt Taylor - and a few curveballs in the selection and formation might throw Mansfield a bit.

Gone with a draw for this one.

4 points from Swindon, Stockport and Mansfield wouldn’t be a bad return at all.

I’m unsure what to expect later. I take it Stockport were a better team but we were woeful in my opinion. Gordon off for Allen please. He’s been poor the last two starts. Knowles was not at the races lto and that concerns me. Mcentee in with Hayden given the chance at RWB as he is half decent going forward on occasions. I’d like to see Maddox given more time I think there’s a player in their. Knowles and God knows up front. Agree with many posts on the transfer thread that we have too many National league bit parts. Hopefully some news about incomings to put the worry to rest.

3 Likes

Trivela have put there money where there mouth is off the pitch now we need to see that on it would hope for a better window than usual as lets be honest ours are usually a disaster and kill the season stone dead.

1 Like

Not sure we can win this one with our absentees especially uptop. Who scores if Johnson doesn’t?
50/50 if I’ll attend this one so far as I’ve got this dam flu bug that’s going around , can’t stop coughing everywhere!

Strange folk in Mansfield. Chesterfields grubby insignificant neighbour over the border.

Why would he mention Mansfield in an interview about the Stockport defeat? :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

The only Mansfield worth watching is Jayne.

1 Like

Not to be surprised by the opponent’s tactical plan. Other things (result for example) should be ok later.

Weird bunch of scabs, ask Chesterfield

2 Likes

You are showing your age there!

1 Like

Can I just make a request that we all sing like Salford supporters today please, bit of a hangover.

4 Likes

Hope the lads get us a result today as in the crowd will be the Saddlers no 1 American fan (Great Wyrley born ) apart that is the new owners. He is bringing his 2 lads to see what real football is about with a Balti pie as a bonus. Me I’m in Spain so will be following on UTS so please regular reports and hope to see the owl for us a number of times. UTS.

2 Likes

Think the owl will be out ( If we manage to score ) as its owner is on baby sitting duties… :wink: all the best Scooby :+1:

1 Like

Don’t like this lot one bit, always idiots when visiting their place … hope we beat them!

1 Like

Believe in the Owl.