W 3-0 vs Colchester United (H) - League Two - Sat 11th December, 3pm

Wow. Better get there early.

Drop the Os- I’ve no idea where he was playing on Tuesday. He has the heart of a lion but the positional sense of Mark Thatcher.
As a result we had five midfielders on the pitch - add the five Crawley players marking them and on a narrow pitch like ours the midfield was jammed solid. There’s no wonder the back four can’t find a player to pass to- there’s no space.
If we’re not winning with 20 mins to go I’d like to see some out of the box thinking by MT- maybe put Ash Taylor up front to cause a nuisance and maybe win some knockdowns for Miller. Making like for like substitutions is not working.

3 Likes

According to the Excuse and Star MT is not overly concerned that we haven’t won at home in the last 6 matches at the Banks’sand it’s just about being more consistent, couldn’t make it up could ya, I’m finding our well groomed manager quite boring to listen to.

Think very few will be making the effort on Saturday, specially those who braved Tuesday!

I’ll be there as always, same as I was on Tuesday

1 Like

Plan A isn’t working, but I’m not sure we have a plan B.
We need to transition the ball from Earing to the forwards better, we need midfield players who can carry the ball forward, and Osadebe isn’t the answer. The options for #10 are Kiernan, Kahn or Wilkinson. The latter won’t put in the work rate, so I’d go with Kahn who at least will compete.
Labadie is out injured so in comes Kinsella.
White was dreadful on Tuesday so I’d give Mills an opportunity.
Disappointed with Wilkinson’s work rate after the first 20 minutes, but has the skill to unlock defences if he’s given the right ball and support.

So still plan A, but different faces.

Rushworth
Mills Menayese Monthe Ward
Earing Kinsella
Wilkinson Kahn Kiernan
Miller

2-1 victory

Khan simply has to play. I can’t understand why he’s not playing every week. He surely fit now ?

8 Likes

Is it not possible to switch the match from the stadium to the training ground?

We’d shit em then.

4 Likes

I think he should be concerned.

Possibly the most underwhelming pre-match day in my 46 years supporting.
That said, defeat or even another draw and the relative numb peace of being a crap, mid-table 4th division club with a board that couldn’t run a Sunday league division 7 pub team, will give way to uncontrollable twitchiness regarding the outcomes of games involving Scunthorpe and Oldham.
Very much like Southend and Grimsby last year.

1 Like

Totally agree with you (for once :wink:) he’s by far our most forward thinking explosive running player he’s good on the ball and from what I’ve seen his first thought is attack the rest sort of plod would be my word to describe them there’s a lot of plodders in this team so I really can’t see how Matt doesn’t play him especially at home.The only thing I can think of is that Matt see him more as a player to bring on if we are flat problem is we are always flat so as you’ve said he might as well start the kid.

1 Like

It’s almost guaranteed to be piddling down all game tomorrow so take a brolly for the walk to your cars after the game it gonna be a wet one according to the Met Office.Bet we still water the pitch for some extra zip always helps with our crisp free flowing fast forward thinking football.

Some of the happy clappers really DO think this is the case!!
Personally I think a proper hard nosed pro manager ‘could’ get the best out of this squad (a good rollockin would help) someone to drag them all from the dogged losing mentality Taylor allows to filter into their current malaise. Like the guy, think we all do, doesn’t spout nonsense but he has lost control, as mentioned previously, even when we DO play well we still lose!

I’ll be going… first home game for over two years thanks to the pandemic. Can I still buy a ticket online and pick up at the ticket office, or is it all e-tickets now?

1-0 Miller penalty.

2 Likes

Call the ticket office today they will email you the ticket , no ridiculous booking fee

1 Like

Are you travelling down from your name sake mate?

Nope, I’ve lived in Leeds for the past 6 years, so a slightly shorter journey.

1 Like

Don’t forget - it is the annual toy collection from Walsall supporters for the children in the Manor Hospital over Christmas on Saturday. Come along to the front of Bescot Stadium between 2.00 p.m. and 3.00 p.m. and bring any spare toys, clean, in good condition and unwrapped.
It is never a good time to be in hospital but now it is even more so, with the restrictions on visitors. Please give generously, if you can!
Thanks

2 Likes

Weathers looking lovely for tomorrow.

Cannot wait……

Still a fair old trek,you have my full respect mate I moan driving back to Pelsall after they’ve thrown a shocker in :joy: fingers crossed they put in a performance in for you.

4 Likes