Walsall born XI

Wayne?

Nope.

Jack Bridgett. William Law. Derek Pace. Joe Pointon. Ted Price. Charles Radford. Sam Smith. Ernie Steventon. Les Talbot. Harry Yates.

Wayne keates and lee naylor all played for forest star played against all three and Wayne was by far the best out of the three a combination of poor attitude and injuries did him or he would of had a good career like the other two.

I always rated Wayne Clarke, had a good goals ratio for us, pity never seemed like his heart was really in it, and then spoilt it by going to sloppies.

Lucky Stone isn’t in Walsall or we’d have to pick Stan ‘dogger’ Collymore…

1 Like

See my post on players who turned the corner sadly not for the better in his case . Post 42 -sorry don’t know how to copy it here.

Im sure Matt Saddlesore can explain how to do that :smile:

3 Likes

Totally agree. I thought he was really good for us, and Cecere and Roddy enjoyed the room he helped create for them, but he destroyed his reputation with us by moving, and rubbed salt in the wounds by helping them to promotion. :angry: Yeah, I’m still annoyed by it. :roll_eyes:

1 Like

Jeff Peron, the whole French thing was a ruse, he was actually from Bloxwich.

3 Likes

Love the idea that Paul Taylor was fleecing Bonser for exotic scouting trips then signing local cloggers. Pedro Matias from Madrid? Just Pete Mathis off the Moseley.

2 Likes

Same as Roger Bolt…great lad from Nuneaton with a mean overhead kick technique

1 Like

Reg Bolt to his mates.

You need a special keyboard

2 Likes

Yeah, Jeff Perrins (his real name) was from the Mossley estate. I remember playing with him as a kid - good left foot but his right foot was rubbish. If only he had joined the Saddlers earlier in his career- he could have been a great!

Was Nick Atthey a local lad certainly a good servant of the club.

1 Like

Born in Newcastle, brought up in Coventry. Heck of a player for us.

1 Like

Did his great uncle have a sauce factory in Worcester

1 Like

Dave Tennant came down and played in goal a few times in Palfrey park on a Sunday afternoon and I once scored a goal against him. My finest hour…UTS

1 Like

‘Chopper’ Guttridge, born in Darlaston. If you don’t remember Bill, he was a combative left-back who took no prisoners back in the lenient days of the 50s.

2 Likes