Walsall Football Club - So Many Issues

1 Like

Woo-hoo, we’re in the top 2/3. #beststopnow #goodenough

1 Like

Can you imagine the hoo-har if we weren’t :joy:

3 Likes

How crap must those 27 be?

2 Likes

For those who wanted to buy season tickets or pop to the club shop, then don’t go on Thursday!!

I took my lad to the Saddlers Experience Saturday morning. All went well booking him in, getting in, the organisation was good from the WFCCP team who delivered a good session and at £15 it was top notch on the pitch.

We were told the kiosk in the corner of the main and homeserve stand would be open at 10 for refreshments, it was quite warm Saturday, 10 o’clock came and went no kiosk open, parents wandering around to different corners of the ground looking for this magical refreshment hut.

Then low and behold someone walked out from the lower homeserve bar with a bottle of coke, Hallelujah, the refreshments had been found… Oh no, just bottles of pop, any food from the vending machine only along with hot drinks. No drama’s i suppose, 2 bottles of pepsi please luv, yeah no issued but we have to take the bottle tops off. You are joking right? We are all here for our kids, who is going to through a bottle onto the pitch? I said, sorry luv, the poor lady behind the counter said, our manager hasn’t said we can leave the tops on the bottles. I tried to reason with them but they were having none of of it.

I know its petty but the smallest things just make you feel so frustrated as they all add up during the season.

6 Likes

Apparently it is the club’s impressive reliance on the food vending machine “offer” and the expertise shown in the bottle top removal process, that were major factors in the attainment of Family Excellence Status.

2 Likes

Hope you didn’t all encroach the pitch at the final whistle it’ll effect our playing budget next season :roll_eyes:

1 Like

Family excellence :joy:

It’s my lads first season (he’s 4 years old and has a season ticket) and I’ve not had a single communication about his attendance, his interest, any offers, any promotions or football camps. Not a single thing.

It I were in charge… I’d be making sure he was getting regular ‘what’s going on’ emails from Swifty, emails with video messages from the players, just things to make him feel special and fall in love with the club.

10 Likes

Burnt sausage rolls running out of stuff before half time brain freeze lager fantastic​:joy::joy:

That sounded like me at one point. I’ve reverted into a fat barsteward now!

1 Like

Would our sausage rolls not prove a greater missile threat than a coke zero with a lid?

1 Like

A drawstring bag full of them would be lethal

4 Likes

There’s a ton of stuff that could be done in this space for all generations.

Keeping in touch and it shouldn’t be hard.

Sometimes there’s a big moment. Old Trafford, Cardiff and Wembley. Thousands of potential new fans in the database. How did we stay in touch? I don’t think we even tried.

Despite selling more season tickets this season than last we have some season ticket holders who have lapsed. How have we reached out to those people? We haven’t. How will we stay in touch with those people? I doubt we will try.

And these aren’t the difficult bits. These are warm leads. These are people who have shown varying degrees of interest around following the team. This isn’t about a 180 degree conversion. It is about engaging with the already engaged. From your four year old through my 18 year old and his grandad. Staying in touch and being interested. This is marketing hygiene and not game-changing thinking.

7 Likes

I’ve just liked Thanny’s post.

In the absence of sanity (or as it will be known now going forwards “Thannity”) Hoping Swifty can email him, by way of a tip off, and to let him know.

1 Like

What I don’t understand pal, is that it’s not rocket science.

I cannot for the life of me understand why any media or marketing team in the club cannot work out that contacting fans is going to be fruitful and engender relationships, build on interest, convert causal fans…

It’s not hard. There’s tons and tons of content and digital media marketing email tools to do very good stuff, very cheaply and without any fuss.

But what do we know ?

One of the things that many fans talk about through the Bonser years to the Bonser babes is this ‘we know better than you’ attitude. The place reeks of it.

3 Likes
2 Likes

This is interesting. Goes to show they’re just flapping about behind the scenes.

According to this… Walsall fans TV had set up an interview with Rob Williams….

And then the club reneged and did it themselves :joy:

If he gets that done I’ll forgive him for all the other poor decisions he’s made since being here.Yes a bright new young coach might have worked and yes Dutton may have come off in his head but to allow someone like Fullerton to be around this club without vetting him because let’s be honest it didn’t take us long to see he has a checkered past is a staggeringly bad decision yes we wanted a DOF but a good one without skeletons in his closet so if he gets this done he’ll go down in history for sure.

1 Like

Who is Rob Williams and why would it be pulled?