Walsall Football Club - So Many Issues

Nail head :+1:

Unfortunately most people can see we may aswell have a brick wall instead as for all the talk nothing changes. What exactly has changed? Same cronies on the board who add nothing. Same rent going out.Same refusal to let anyone outside of there little clique invest. Same transfer policy of not reinvesting .They pick the fan liaison. Jeff blamed ITV digital and said lots of clubs would go bust but not us, Pombear does the same with Covid. Let’s hope these new potential investors have more credibility than the “Americans”. We are sat mid table in league 2 with a mediocre squad with too many loans. arguably we should have had the biggest budget we will have for some time this season with both the adebayo and Rico money coming in along with the has beens on big bucks going out.

2 Likes

Is Hutchings back?

1 Like

Wow. Nail head. A hard, cold slice of reality

:clap:t2::clap:t2::clap:t2::clap:t2:

Keep seeng him linked but the two wide positions in the 4231 is one of the areas we actually have enough.

Who would he start ahead of out wide? Not ahead of Wilkinson, Khan or Kiernan for me.

There are other positions a much higher priority IMO.

1 Like

No point trying to think positive. We’re wank and will still be wank come May.

Trying to be positive is wearing me out tbh. The last few years have broke me I think.

4 Likes

True. It’s got turned into an absolute grind being a fan.

1 Like

Yup. If we look off the field, the match day experience is dreadful. Why can they not go around the other 91 clubs and cherry pick some match day ideas we could replicate around the bezla? Get ideas we can implement for free and that cost money.

Fix the stadium, its crap. Use some of the space around the ground to get some matchday experience going.

Refresh the board…

Pomlett 66 (logistics) 2010 - 12 years;
Bond 68 (manufacturing) 2005 - 16 years;
Tisdale 75 (manufacturing) 1994 - 28 years;
Whalley 76 (teacher) 1988 - 34 years;
Gilman 83 (developer) 2006 - 15 years;
Mole 43 (journalist) 2015 - 7 years;
Gamble 47 (accountant) 2007 - 14 years;
Plus the SLO and Fullerton

Its absurd that the only person on this board with any football management back ground is Gilman and Fullerton. Gilman was part of the board at leeds united 26 years ago, football has completely changed since then. Fullerton (Notts County and Halifax) and hes not even lasted a year at either club. This board needs a tear up to be honest. Some fresh blood, fresh perspective.

Theres no experience for anything we need off the pitch. We need directors who have hospitality experience; current commercial sales experience; communication experience, merchanisdising, food and beverage, entertainment, facility management experience. Instead we have some rich old manufacturing has-beens, that roll in for a free meal in their Walsall tie every other week.

Why is LP being given so much slack, when in reality, hes been here for 12 years… Why are Whalley and Gilaman at their age are still involved? Its a joke. They cant be offering relevant advice now days. Theyre probably about as connected as the pager.

The clubs structure is stale and all arrows point to the top. Nothing has changed since Pomlett came in and thats becuase the board hasnt changed at all. Its like re-arranging chairs on the titanic.

20 Likes

nail head

1 Like

Male pale and stale.

Can anyone tell me why Tisdale got on there to start with? Missing that in my history…

Nowt wrong with being male and pale. I agree with stale though.

2 Likes

Male pale and snail is that Ward

4 Likes

So have I. I’ve argued for months & months, we need significant change and lamented the lack of organised/focus protest to secure it.

Excellent post, echoes many I’ve put on here.

I think the reason there aren’t any protests is that collectively we have an overriding desire to support. We are achingly desperate to get behind something. We’ve backed Leigh through three re-birth stories. Even Doctor Who fans would become incredulous if there was a re-generation every twelves months. I don’t think that collectively we have the stomach or emotional dollars to invest in a fourth.

Which will manifest in two ways. The first will be the three year “bump” in season tickets will end and numbers will plummet. After leaving their money in, many fans feel that they were indeed owed a “right good go” and they’ve been failed. The second way will be unrest at games. Last season it would have got to that point at some of the absolute shit shows like Southend and Barrow. It feels like we are one of those type of games away from a major outpouring.

This window is huge.

12 Likes

Next season will be the death of the club mate, fans will walk in numbers.

1 Like

So true, and explains how reactive we can be following good and bad results. We’re so craving for revival that every win becomes a potential turning point and every loss a crashing return to form.

17 Likes

The club are spending way to much time covering up the missing income and filming YouTube videos, rather than concentrating on the real job at hand…. Football

I can’t wait to see the back of the lot of them.

Even late equalisers against clubs significantly smaller than ours does the job too.

I would also add that because of our poor stale board and lack of leadership we have now fallen way the footballing meccas
Rotherham, Wycombe, MK dons, Accrington, burton, Cheltenham, fleetwood, morecambe, Crewe, ForestGreen, Sutton, Newport, Crawley, Salford, Harrogate and port vale.
All of this is purely down to football related board decisions

2 Likes