Walsall Football Club Supporters Working Party Meeting 13/12/2021

Some of the ladies on our table where refused the option of card payment when they ordered basket meals. It was cash only.

At over £60 a round I told Jane to wait and I’d treat her to some chips on way home. Lol.

1 Like

I wonder how hard it would be to tell the taxman that you had made £10,000 on the night with a 50% mark up instead of £20,000 with a 100% mark up :wink:

You wouldn’t have missed much mate, i ordered soup in a basket and there was bugger all left in it by the time she had carried it from the kitchen :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: :wink:

Conversation after the meeting;

Gamble: “I’ve been wondering why the bar takings are so low”
Mole; “Yeah, I don’t know, it’s a mystery”
Gamble: “I’ll have a word with the bar staff, I’m sure they can tell me”
Mole: “That reminds me, I need to interview for some new bar staff, all the old ones have emigrated to Barbados for some reason”

4 Likes

Without being a technical expert could the fact that the machines stop working be due to poor wifi?

1 Like

Very much so

But being brutally honest. I find it hard to believe they did not know , especially as it has happened at other events. Over the Christmas period.

Come on admit it, you loved the chase :rofl:

The point being they were willing to take cash, yet they wouldn’t accept the money for a hot chocolate in the ground for the young lad DHforever mentioned. That could easily be the difference between them coming back again or not.

I’m all for progress, being able to pay by card should definitely be an option in this day and age but why cut off cash and lose out on income. I used to give my lads some money to run down to the kiosk and get themselves what they wanted, can’t do that now. Okay I can go down and pay for it no problem but the kids used to think it was great they could go and fetch their own stuff. Maybe a cashless society is inevitable but it hasn’t happened yet. Hard not to be cynical when it comes to Walsall F.C, there will be a reason and I definitely don’t think it is “there won’t be cash in ten years time” which was stated when asked one time.

2 Likes

We’re too cynical.

Or clued up.

But not to worry as we are a well run club.

1 Like

Yes if the word wifi is an acronym for What If Funds where Infiltrated :laughing: :wink:

I’m ata loss Steve I honestly am

The more I see and hear the more disillusioned I become ,

I honestly thought when our number one fan relinquished control. , that our beloved club. Was on an upward… path

Reality is it could be argued we are now worse off
Something I never thought I’d say given the fact I can never forgive bonser and wallet for what they did our. club

After 57 years it’s becoming harder and harder to kid myself. That we are ever going to become the Walsall fc I was brought up on

1 Like

Hopefully the club will be able to offer some clarification by the time the next WPM rolls around. Though the issue may have become ‘commercially sensitive’ by that point.

1 Like

…picture the scene at the next WPM zoom…

GW in the chair (for it is he): Well, lads, thanks for virtually turning up. I’ve got nothing to say; only received a couple of emails this month, and the contents weren;'t that important, so let’s move on. Any questions? We need to make this quick, I’ve got to run Dan over to Lichfield City in a minute, and get back to make tea for Stefan and the EFL crew straight after. It’s all go around here!

Are they still doing those boxing events in the Stadium Suite? I assume they may be on hold with all the restrictions?
But when they do restart would be interesting to know if they have to pay cashless at the bars too? :thinking:

Quite easy, but numbers is not my speciality

1 Like

They do mate know that for a fact cant say too much on here but i doubt Gamble and Pomlett know half of what goes on with there staff.

I have had cause to email the SLO and he responded and said he’d get back to me - still waiting…

My sister also did the same and had the same experience in terms of receiving a “holding” email that is still to be followed up.

It’s a token gesture - always has been, always will be!

3 Likes

Wonder what his excuse is. He’s not overtaxed, as according to the minutes he’s only had the odd email to deal with.

Obviously the SLO starter pack included insight from the higher-ups on how best to treat the fans.

1 Like

So “resolved” means “I’ve responded with a holding email and hopefully they’ll just get bored of waiting and not bother me again, lol” :thinking:

2 Likes

Awful update from the SLO, it’s exactly what many fans feared when he was appointed.

4 Likes