Walsall making moves!

I was seriously critical about sadler and how our recruitment and summer was gonna go
But dam I was very wrong. I know the proof is in the pudding but sadler and trivela have managed to get dj, a top scorer at this level
Keep daniels whos to good for league 2
Sign one of the best cbs at this level
Sign talented youth in stirk wanted by other bigger clubs
Bring is Waddock which is a proper steady experienced and passionate assistant
May many of us have been wrong and judged too early?

12 Likes

I’ll let you know next May.

12 Likes

I don’t think so. Given how poor we’ve been in recent years I think it’s perfectly fine to be cautious. Some of the reactions have been way over the top mind you.

5 Likes

My name is not Thomas and I have nothing to confess.I’m on the wrong thread I think

Very pleased so far but we still need another 5 or 6 signings .

4 Likes

As Ladi once famously said ‘teamwork makes the dream work’. Credit to all at the club.

2 Likes

For me it feels like out of what we needed to do this summer we are at about 50%. I don’t think the squad as it too much different at the moment from previous seasons - in the cold light of day.

However…. If we get the second half of the recruitment right and really get in some experienced quality and a few loans then we will definitely have a competitive squad.

5 Likes

Benji is in town. Maybe a couple of announcements this week.

3 Likes

Depends on the system we’re playing, but if we can get a quality RB, RW, and ST of our own, plus 3 or 4 decent enough loanees to fill the squad out a bit, then we should have a good base.

How the season goes on the other hand, is up to Sadler, injuries, luck, and how they perform.

Is this a Dire Straits tribute album by the squad that I’ve missed the announcement for?
I.G.M.C.

3 Likes

A couple of pacey Attacker’s, a back up goalkeeper and a RB and i think we are sorted.

2 Likes

Pombear looks like he’s won a competition for a Poundland Bescot Stadium Tour.

6 Likes

Yep. In Daniels, Hutch and Johnson we have what should be a strong backbone to the squad through to 2025, but don’t think we were ever going to see the complete rebuild some were advocating. Think the released/retained left us with a generally good base to work with and a level of continuity.

Farq and Stirk look to be good additions and for me Waddock is a really important piece of business, but the real proof will be the quality of the next few signings and how we manage the loans.

3 Likes

Another midfielder aswell for me

1 Like

I think we will only play 2 midfielders at one time and we have Comley, Stirk, Riley, MeEntee and Earing should be back around November/December so if anything i would just get 6 month loan as cover and concentrate on bringing in a couple of quality attackers.

Is this taken today do we know? If so, looks like they’ve had a game there today

There are still areas we certainly need to strengthen and add to but I’m pleased with how things have gone so far. Proof will be where we finish come May however

Not sure, im guessing so.

Just been in Matalan for his new suit.

2 Likes

Long way to go yet, love our business so far but there’s plenty more to be done for me.

DJ transfer did seem like real change in our thought process though. I bet he’s on some cracking money for a Walsall player, but there should be plenty about considering the contracts we’ve let go.

1 Like