Walsall manager Darrell Clarke aims for promotion push next season

Where’s the money going to come from to build such a side ? Can see less season tickets sold than this season for a start some people are already fed up.the only way the level of support will increase or stay the same is if some decent signings are made early in the summer

2 Likes

It does, but he made lots of promises about January that he then successfully side-stepped.

Either that or he sees it as a ‘no-lose’ move because if we’re still not challenging the Playoffs next year, even LP will lose patience - regardless of what DC promised.

2 Likes

Biggest problem we will face next season that is son…

Can we build a decent squad first of, But also can we match some of the teams that will be in this league…Ok Exeter, Cheltenham and Swindon playing well but not really brilliant teams…But next season with like you say Salford, Bolton. Southend and maybe or second side TRFC! Be even tougher too get out of next year!!!

1 Like

Another season down the drain, I really do feel for our fans.

4 Likes

Ain’t they got to gel for half a season first

1 Like

How completely and utterly disgusting. With another 15 games to go.

I hate him. Actually hate him.

1 Like

This is the truth but it’s hardly going to encourage better attendances for the rest of the season l.

1 Like

He will just create another pack of lies next season when we are still miles off the pace, short on quality etc etc.

Why would you believe him ? Didn’t want a loan winger, but it’s ok to sign Sheron, a loan defensive midfielder ???

1 Like

With the football being so bad, it’s hard justification to spend the cash on it.

2 Likes

The logic on here is astounding.

We all know this team isn’t good enough for the top 7.

Then berate the manager for saying it’s not good enough.

Strange.

1 Like

It’s mad because I’ve watched lower league teams against higher opposition and they have all looked better than we have when I’ve seen them on the TV that comes down to coaching correctly it’s as simple as that Dulwich Hamlet played better football and that’s no exaggeration.

1 Like

Seem to recall Merson saying something similar - and we all know how that ended up…

Looks like we could have Cook and Akinfenwa up front next season then.

Can see how this’ll pan out in 12 months time:

Liam Keen: Darrell, thought you said this time last year you were building a massive promotion team? Well the squad lies in 19th position.

DC: You’re mincing my words there a bit Liam. I’ve played 7 different players from the U16’s over 6ft this season and 4 giants who were playing in the 5 a side power league this time last year. It’s a massive promotion for them to play in League 2 is it not? Stuck to my word.

I think it’s more a case that both him and the chairman openly talked about making signings and getting rid of the deadwood in January, neither has happened.

3 Likes

Well I’ve taken Darrell at his word and largely agree with him.

Am I dispapointed? Yes. But if it results in a bigger budget and better players next season… then I think it’s sensible.

5 Likes

Have to see won’t we. Whole thing is still disgusting. I still hate him. Vile arrogant belligerent turd.

Will he still be here then, losing 3 on the bounce as we stand FGR, Newport, Northampton, Port Vile, Stevenage and Exeter were we getting anything, could be potentially 9 games without a win and in big trouble, so must pretty sure of his job.

1 Like

Yes, I can understand a lot of things, but you know, talk is cheap. I’ll wait and see, how this promotion winning squad construction works go.

:100:, but I also think the club had to do some major relationship building with the fan base and this won’t help.