Walsall manager Darrell Clarke aims for promotion push next season

I’d be happy with that as well I think they need to do something to shift more tickets after this season.

Could it be because this team that isn’t good enough is his team?

So much for 4 promotions and a gazillion coaching badges!

You were a walsall supporter under Dean Smith weren’t you?

It’s his team though

1 Like

Well March doesn’t look much better for us, Exeter by the way, is our first game in March, added to that we have a couple of very winnable games - away against the mighty Macclesfield without a pot to p**s in and Oldham at home who have now moved above us, unbeaten in five, Can’t see us winning those neither, as we havent beaten either of them yet this season. Oh and we finish the month off with an away visit to the team that keeps on giving Mansfield, well unless they are playing against us of course, and I fully expect them to complete the double over us as will leaders Swindon in the last game of March.

And how many points do people think we will get from this set of fixtures in the final month of whats been an awful season - Cambridge away, followed by a nice easy good friday home game against bang in form Plymouth probably backed by 3-4K fans I would think, then a tricky looking away game at Holloways Grimsby on Easter Monday and then a visit from promotion chasers Colchester with a final game away at a Bradford side that’s currently intent on chucking away their promotion chances, but we all know when teams are badly in need of a win, all they need is a game against us.

I really cant see us winning many of those games, especially after the manager has pretty much said our season is over already.

I think a little perspective is needed here.

It’s clear this side doesn’t have enough to sustain a promotion push, but I expect that to be the case next season.

This season was never ever going to be easy with the highest turnover of players in the football league.

It’s easy to want a manager out in this day and age. But remember the Dean Smith experience.

Sometimes you have to go through a bit of ■■■■ to get to that beautiful team we had.

1 Like

Why havent we played mitch candlin all season . Upfront has been the struggle this season and if we can give bates and perry a taste of 1st team football in the centre of the park where we already are pretty strong . Then why hasnt candlin got a chance i can guarantee he would do a better job then gaffney…

1 Like

I’ll be picking my matches - I can’t afford £20 plus petrol to watch us lose every home match. I can’t help feeling we’ve been let down by a lack of investment by the board and bad management by Clarke (poor player acquisition, too much tinkering and poor tactics). Clarke needs to use the next 12-15 matches as the start of pre-season for2020/21. Don’t bother playing Guthrie, Sadler, Gaffney and anyone else who ain’t going to be here next season. Select a squad of 14-16 players, find a way of playing and stick with it. NO MORE TINKERING.

7 Likes

Unfortunately that ain’t gonna stop. These ‘projects’ are how he had his success and while I don’t think it’ll work here I can never see him changing his way.

I admire your blind optimisim , unfortunately based on the facts of what he has actually brought in this season I am finding it increasingly difficult to believe that he can improve on his recruitment .
By the way I hope I am proved completely wrong

How is it blind optimism?

It’s reasoned and based on evidence.

Listen I have no wish to become involved in a discussion with you . you are obviously happy with what you are seeing and I’m not
As I said I hope you’re correct and Im wrong .

He is ok saying that. A promotion push can be say we are 13th or so in the table and 6/7/8 points behind the final play-off place. It is not as bold a prediction as some of you are thinking.

When did I say I was happy?

Are you feeling ok? You appear to very angry.

But that is the point, we aren’t that strong in the centre of the park hence they have played!! If Sinclair, Guthrie, kinsella and liddle had been as effective and productive as they should be, we wouldn’t have seen the youngsters that much, the treatment table wouldn’t have been so busy and one wouldn’t have packed his bags and gone back up north!!

CRAIG SHAKSPERE INN. youth need some experience in the team PLAYING ALLSO NOT JUST NOVICIES to help the youth you get nothing paying nuts SHAKEY INN YOU COULD OR WOULD GET 5K GATE with this ex player bye bye DC

Don’t think I’ve been in that pub, where is it.

12 Likes

The current Watford Assistant Manager? Premier League Watford?? That Craig Shakespeare???
What world do you live in?

I’d agree with you if you mean in the match day squad as in on the bench because I personally feel quite happy with Lavery and Gordon’s goal tally between them they’ve done well Mitch must be really bad if he can’t get ahead of Adebayo and Guffney for a place on the bench.

1 Like

His name worries me I can picture old lob walking around Walsall in a long coat showing everyone his yes you’ve guessed it!

1 Like