Walsall manager Darrell Clarke aims for promotion push next season

You make lots of valid pints.

1 Like

It doesn’t matter who’s in charge could be pep Guardiola, you will only get the 5k attendance if your winning games playing attacking football and in the hunt for promotion.

5 Likes

When LP says he wants 5k does he mean Including the away fans or is this a daft question?

Exactly right mate look at our attendances over the years we only get those sort of gates when we are challenging at the top of whichever league we are in.

1 Like

Think it’s more that if we are that bad that we are writing off entire half seasons, then surely the reinvestment and rebuild (6 months in to the “patience era”) should have begun this January, not that he’s admitting how ■■■■ the team is that he’s built.

1 Like

My concern is we are going to end up with another huge rebuild in the summer when it should’ve been done already.

1 Like

We need west Bromwich albion to fold, we would easily get the 5k then, the amount of people I know who used to be walsall fans but now follow west Bromwich is ridiculous one in particular still has a walsall tattoo

3 Likes

Who would you keep mate?

Has to be quality over quantity if we are to make a push for promotion next season. Guthrie Sadler, Gaffney,Should go as well as maybe Candlin and hardy( who I feel abit sorry for both as they have not really been given a fair crack)But if they not going to play get rid No defenders need bringing in as we have kory and jules who can both play fullbacks. Just an attacking midfielder who can drive us forward another winger and a centre forward all must be quality signings and decent wages need to be paid to get them to the club.

This is the thing that irks the most. I’ve been told “patience”, “you just want success straight away”, “it’s only been 2/3/4/5/6 months” every time I’ve criticised this team and Clarke’s decisions, but are we any further on than we were at the end of last season?

I don’t think we are.

I think Sadler as been good this season apart from the Oldham game

Agree but he will be 35 or 36 next year and stopping jules and korys development if we keep him .

I’d get shot of Adebayo Guthrie one of Norman and Facey not sure which yet Candlin and Sadler and send the 5 loans back that’s 10 players bring Bates Perry and Nolan into the first 11 more as well if they continue to progress and look good

2 Likes

The irony is that I wouldn’t say no to the ex Watford coach if he’s after employment. Zigor anyone?

Like you said earlier another massive overhaul of players a year after the first so no progress made in a year in my eyes would you agree?

2 Likes

I suppose didnt realise he was so old, I’d also like to see us bring in a an experienced keeper who can push Robert’s for the no.1 Jersey

1 Like

I agree that the rebuild should be starting now if the right type of players are available. We need an attacking midfielder: what’s George Evans doing these days, and a right winger for starters.

On how bad the team is, Clarke seemed to indicate that after the bad run in October. He told us that he would be shipping out the “weak minded” in January and replacing them with a new set of world-beaters. To be fair, he didn’t say which January - obviously not this one just gone!

1 Like

I’d agree with that mate looks to be the case yet again when will we ever learn ?

1 Like

Should have had a look down the back of the settee for some extra cash and bought in a decent striker and winger. Had we done this at the start of January we could have been challenging for play off place now not next season.

3 Likes

I just don’t buy this extra cash ■■■■■■■■.
DC will never be able to afford the players he wants, this is Walsall, so he has to make them better, like Smith did through coaching and a football DNA. Just like Sir Ray and Nicoll did.

The only issue is the DC ain’t a great coach from what I have witnessed this season.

1 Like