Walsall sign FGR striker Matty Stevens

Signed on loan in the last few minutes. .

1 Like

A dream, if confirmed

Where did you get that from. If true clearly DJ not coming. A decent player Stevens but recovering from injury I think.

Brilliant stuff.

24 and hit 23 in 36 at this level last season. Knows Matt game inside out so as a plan B for DJ it’s a blooming good one I must say… :clap:

3 Likes

I’m assuming we would have to terminate another loan to allow it? DJT back to Stoke?

No - just can only have 5 in matchday squad.

Is he not recovering from an ACL?

2 Likes

He can compare notes with Wilkinson and Labadie

2 Likes

DJT wasn’t on the bench tonight so get the feeling he might be going back.

Harsh but Matt, Stevens, Wilko, Williams and Knowles in emergency is more than enough for the run in.

Is this BS

Superb signing, scored goals for fun at this level, young and obviously already has a great understanding with Matt. You’d have to pinch me in the summer to think we’d have the two strikers from the side who cruised to winning this league last season.

Huge credit to those behind the scenes at the club for getting this deal done.

3 Likes

He’s not fit that’s the only issue

2 Likes

This signing (along with Matt) is the type of step change we have been clamouring to see.

9 Likes

It’s like having another Wilkinson who needs time.

He is in the same position as Wilkinson as far as his recovery from injury is concerned.That worries me a little although I don’t doubt his ability.

1 Like

Is this confirmed ?

Indeed, we might need to lower expectations here. He’s played 144 minutes, the equivalent of just over 1 and a half matches, since his injury. For comparison, that’s 20 minutes less than Conor Wilkinson.

Twitter feed is playing the rocky theme

Stevens is an undefeated boxer

2 Likes

https://twitter.com/wfcofficial/status/1620549989624692741?s=46&t=GnDeuuL1oPwY_SJ3SPCDcA

This has got to be a tenuous link :joy::joy::joy:

Forest… green energy?

3 Likes

Very underwhelmed if it is. Much have preferred us to sign DJ.

4 Likes