Walsall v Forest Green Rovers (H) 12 Nov, Mickey Mouse Cup

That sounds fair…:thinking:

Read somewhere we got £10,000 last night and earn around £20k if we win in the next round.

Thank’s @simon:+1:

1 Like

Any win is welcome at the moment. This performance shows that we do have some quality in the squad - we just need Clarke to get it on the pitch on a consistent basis. We need to play with pace upfront: Lavery, Gordon and McDonald all need to play. Let’s build on this and start winning more games. UTS

1 Like

I think DC will get well and truly slated if he makes his normal wholesale changes and we lose on Saturday.

2 Likes

Most definitely if it ain’t broke it don’t need fixing

A lot of people getting carried away over a reserve fixture…

I really hope expectations are not being raised too high based on that!

1 Like

Jesus…Holden has all of a sudden become Messi and we have turned into Liverpool.

Lets have a bit of perspective here. That was a very very young Forest Green side. They had made ten changes from the side at the weekend. Yes you can only beat what is in front of you but christ me lets calm the euphoria down a bit.

Lets remember we are still 22nd in League 2.

1 Like

We’ve had nothing at all to cheer about this season,why shouldn’t we get excited after a 6-0 win,nomatter who it was against,after all,it might be the only thing that we have got to cheer about this season.

5 Likes

Because it means absolutely nothing, it’s like getting excited over the U15’s winning 6-0. If it has an effect on Saturday’s performance then that is the only positive that has come out of it.

It is wrong to get carried away really but I tell you what it was lovely to walk into work this morning and half the canteen we’re asking about the 6-0 victory and super Josh Gordon’s Hatty being happy has been in short supply being a saddler so I’m gonna enjoy it I don’t care what people think about who we played etc etc I’m lapping it right up while it lasts that’s my choice and I’m doing it I’m quick enough to moan so I’m quick enough to show praise end of

1 Like

Under 15’s eh?They’re very flexible within that age group aren’t they.

Smith, Gk (age 26, 130 league appearances)
M Mills ©, (age 33, 356 league appearances)
Collins, (age 22, 40 league appearances 12 first team appearances for FGR this season)
Morton, (age 20 (on loan from Bristol C) 10 first team appearances for FGR this season)
McGinley, (age 23, 68 first team appearances for FGR)
Godwin-Malife, (age 19, 12 first team appearances this season for FGR)
Mondal, (age 22, 16 first team appearances this season for FGR)
Taylor, (age 20 (on loan from Bournemouth) 6 first team appearances this season for FGR)
I Jones, (age 18, 2nd appearance for FGR 1st team this season)
Covil (age 16, 2nd appearance for FGR 1st team this season)
Bunker ( age 16, debut for FGR last night)

3 Likes

Speak Saturday after a result that means we get points and won’t end up playing Boreham Wood next year. Wasn’t referring to the FGR side at all, I said the fixture itself had the importance of an U15 fixture, but thanks for the in-depth analysis anyway…:+1:

ill hold judement till i see us Saturday, EAsy too play against kids in a meaningless game real test SAturday,

But agree good too some of them lads get game time and goals…

Wes/Lavs/HArdey have proven they should be in that team week in week out. I see GAffney start SAturday ill be pure ■■■■■■!

Every game (and training session) are important until DC finds his best starting 11.

1 Like

None of which played in their FA Cup game or last league fixture. It was their reserves and youth team.

It’ll be really interesting to see what team DC plays o Saturday and how the fans react to the team sheet. By all accounts it seems the both Liddle, and to a greater extend Holden impressed. DC will surely be tempted to stick to that side, possibly rightly so.

Given the fact that those two are the scapegoats in terms of on the field, will he throw them straight back in when the regulars turn up again on Saturday?

He will have to replace Scarr, so I would assume that Rose and Sadler will return…

Does anyone have any idea on the fitness of J Clarke and Guthrie I realise it’s a secret but just thought some one may know something

We made 7 changes from Saturday’s starting XI and, going from many people’s comments on here previously, we must also have put out a weakened team ourselves as it contained Liam Roberts, Scarr, Liddle and Holden! Alfie Bates is not long out of short trousers himself, and we also got a sighting of the lesser spotted Kiersey.

I’m not claiming it to be a result of equivalent importance as Liverpool’s against Man City, but it is a green shoot that shows that we do have some players they can actually play football and find the net. Cambridge’s defence might give us more resistance but I’m hoping we’ll be taking some new found confidence and belief into Saturday’s game.

2 Likes