Waste of a year?

So Pomser is basically ignoring anything Osedebe did and blaming the fans? Season ticket sales obviously aren’t going well then.

3 Likes

Cares more about sponsorship pennies than disrespected fans

4 Likes

Criticism is ok especially when you see some of the awful decisions being made :grinning:

2 Likes

The whole about turn of the DoF is mind boggling. Flynn has my full backing, he’s got a proven track record of knowing what it takes to mount a promotion challenge and it would be plain daft not to let him have full reign on transfers. Surely it would have been better to recruit a new DoF and change the role accordingly, meaning they could do everything else that Fullarton was tasked with bar transfers?

2 Likes

Where would LP trim the budget if there has been a fall off in ST sales? I would start by chopping rhe DoF post. Thats about 500 STs accounted for.

Scrap the youth team . Nothing coming through. And if a player does and he’s decent the premier league vultures come and scoop them up for pennies.

1 Like

Another money saving solution is to bin Gamble and Mole, this pair of wasters have during their time cost us additional revenue by their complete lack of football and business nous.

8 Likes

That would be the most sensible solution, particularly Mole.

1 Like

Absolutely, but unfortunately Dame Omlette Biggins is one of the Bonser babes era and they are all part of a cosy “ I’m alright jack” exclusive members only club, Dame Omlette is far too weak to change the boardroom environment.

2 Likes

I’d take the opposite view and say “keep it, but make it better.” We need to get back to the time when we were bringing lots of players through, some of whom we sold, some who had great careers with us, and some who did nothing for us but were still good enough to have good careers elsewhere, Bishop, Hawley and Stanley being three such.
I think the situation we have reached, with the cupboard bare, is another indication, were one needed, that those running WFC aren’t good enough to oversee a modern football club.

6 Likes

I’m sure this has probably been stated elsewhere and numerous times so my apologies for saying it again but what are both of their roles? What are their job titles and what are they actually responsible for?

If they both had a job description what would it look like?
If they are not fulfilling their job description then how are they still in their jobs - i’m guessing they don’t have performance reviews like other jobs!!

Here’s Gamble and Moles job titles:

Interesting that although Fullarton has been removed from the page his role is still there and TBC like we’re planning on recruiting someone else. Unless it’s now no longer DoF and just Technical Director. :thinking:

From everything Pomlett has said he considers Gamble and Mole to be doing a good job, so he must consider what happens on the pitch to be nothing to do with them.

Pretty much the only thing the club does well is make sure the rent is paid and post that little profit each year. So I guess we have our answer. Says it all really.

1 Like

Absolutely this has been a wasted year, as they have all been since Pombear took over.

Nothing has changed, nothing has improved.

I cannot think of anything that is better or has changed since he took over. Yes there is more communication, which he could take credit for if he did not constantly wrench from one PR disaster to another.

• We are no closer to league one
• Championship is further away than ever
• There is no progress in owning our own ground
• Club shop still a joke
• Reserves & Youth Team are worse
• Match day experience is still lacking
• Toilets still leak
• Team still needs a massive rebuild
• Budget is still decreasing
• SLO is awful
• Marketing/CRM still poor

I could go on.

Yet the Board remain untouched, unchanged. It’s an absolute joke. Joke.

Nothing has changed, nothing has improved and it won’t be until Pomlett either sells up or grows a pair & changes his board completely.

15 Likes

A great post and totally what i was on about.

If simple things like fixing some toilets and making one or two quite easy and quick adjustments to the club shop / online shop cant happen in 1, 2 or 3 years then there rwally is someone who is not doing their job.
But it just doesn’t seem to matter and notninf happens as a consequence.

It’s like the kid who continually makes the same mistake / bad behaviour but there is never any punishment or sanction as “its okay, they said sorry!” They just do it again and again as they know there is not going to be any action so they can get away with a meaningless b.s. apology.

As i heard someone once say, “don’t say sorry, change.”

1 Like

Genuine question how do you know we are no closer to owning the freehold or if the budget is decreasing? I’d just like to know where the evidence is for supporting this claim?

2 Likes

That post needs to be read out to LP on a Fan’s Forum. LP would have to agree with most of those points.

2 Likes

I agree with some of the points the reserve team youth teams seem much worse. The media side is awful. But with regards to SLO I’ve raised 3/4 issues and they have been resolved relatively quickly. The Matchday experience is under review working along side an external review to improve this. We have had to deal with a covid crisis last 2 years. Yes the DOF didn’t work and Leigh has acted to correct this. Manager wasn’t working he’s replaced him. I genuinely feel LP is trying to find the answer to what we are all asking for. He wants success as much as any of us. It’s his own money he’s put on the line.

2 Likes

We’ve wasted every year so far under Pomlett. Admittedly Covid hasn’t helped in most of them, but there’s been some terrible decision making. Worst bit is some of it has seemed so embarrassingly amateurish too.

Let’s hope Flynn is the man to put it all right, I think he is the right man to get a club out of this league, I just don’t think this club is set up for any success.

3 Likes

Mistakes have been made :100: but majority seemed happy with the signings made last summer. There was even talk of us walking the league. It hasn’t worked out. Many fans said adebayo was non league at best. Scarr was awful. Roberts was trash. Unfortunately hindsight is a wonderful thing. Even in the premier league signing a proven manager or proven player doesn’t always work out when they move clubs. Mistakes will be made along the way but surely LP deserves some credit for trying to rectify his mistakes that he thought would work.

2 Likes