Wayne Evans RIP

I had Evo’s name on the back of a shirt one season. Not sure whether it was through wanting to be ‘edgy’ and different or whether I was beginning to understand that it wasn’t all about a David Kelly, Stuart Rimmer or Kyle Lightbourne etc. Always saw Evo as a dependable member of the team, unassuming and went about putting in solid display after solid display, week in, week out without much fanfare.

RIP fella, one of my favourite Saddlers.

4 Likes

So sad. RIP Wayne.

As someone who had a heart attack I count my blessingsI was lucky enough to be okay. Such a young age to lose a life so suddenly.

4 Likes

What a sad shock, mainstay of the early Walsall sides I started watching.

Condolences to Wayne’s family in this horrendous time.

2 Likes

RIP Wayne, such a great player for us in the early Bescot years.

1 Like

RIP, very sad news indeed, so young.

1 Like

That’s sad. RIP

1 Like

played a significant part in our recovery after our fall from Division 2 to Division 4 at the end of the 80’s and the early 90’s. Thought he was a very reliable no frills full back. Terrible news, feel for his family.

4 Likes

One of my favourite players of the mid to late 90s.

Such a good full back. Wasn’t very often you saw him battered by an opposing player.

1. Wow. No age. Perspective for us all.
3 Likes

Can’t believe the news about Wanners. He was a great lad, I’ve seen him play from his school days up to Professional (he got us free tickets to see him play at the Bescot) he used to play for my Dad’s kids team in Welshpool, great player along with his 2 brothers. I was talking to him the night before he went for his trials for Wallsall, they were going to Ireland, he was real chuffed, he didn’t have a car at the time and he told me if he made it his Dad would buy him a car, he got that car, great loss, 51 is no age

21 Likes

RIP Wayne , very sad news :smiling_face_with_tear:

Rip Wayne, thought’s go out to his family. So young cruel world we live in.

Solid dependable player for us. Very sad news especially at such a young age.

It was a pleasure to see him play, thanks for the memories Wayne R.I.P

Desperately sad news about an extremely underrated right back. Lovely footballer and man was Evo. God bless you RIP :pray:

Was shocked when I just logged on and saw this. Such a young age, a big loss to our saddlers family, can’t even begin to imagine what his family and friends are feeling right now. My deepest sympothy goes out to them.

R.i.P Evo

Terrible for such a young man. RIP Wayne

RIP Evo, great full back for us back in the day

Really sorry to hear this news - enjoyed watching wayne play back in the day - good solid player

I always remember him striding forward from defence in one of the cup games under Big Fat Jan before unleashing a thunderbolt of a drive that the keeper did well to tip over the bar.

Cue lots of pisstaking from his team mates and as the camera came in for a close up you saw a grinning Evo telling everyone to f**k off! :rofl::rofl:

RiP. No age at all

3 Likes

RIP Wayne far too young to be taken.

1 Like