We Aren't In A Relegation Scrap

Isn’t it lovely that he’s lowering his own expectations.

God this is depressing.

It is to be fair with other Clubs going bust daily as forecast by our illustrious farsighted Chairman

1 Like

Hail the New Age Hippy Coach.
Imagine how that goes down on the training pitch. No wonder we look as if we haven’t a clue in a game.
Success equals rent paid tick, enough cash to pay the Bonserite muppets tick, enough cash to pay for ghost McDonald and lost in action DOF tick.
Oh for a Warnock at Bescot.

We have broken another Manager. Makes me realise again how great Dean Smith was to be able to cope with all the bullshine and emerge at the end not just in tact, but stronger. Everyone else since Dosh has been eaten up by the club and then spat out. Sorry Matt, you deserve better.

I was thinking about this the other day. Since Colin Lee was sacked we have a shocking record with managers that is now 18 years and counting. I may have missed a few here, but…cheap internal appointments - Merson, Mullin, Smith, Whitney, Dutton - so 1 “success”.
External appointments, Broadhurst, Dosh, Hutchings, O’Dismal, Keates, DC, Taylor. 1 success who we managed to drive away after 18 months. WOW!
We havn’t made a successful external appointment for 16 years, or even really a half-decent one.

Even if the board at Walsall FC just had this one thing to be judged by its the most miserable litany of failure in the club’s history. Add in everything else that they get wrong (and have been doing for years), and it just becomes staggering, in fact I’m amazed we’ve still got a league place to fight for (probably entirely down to Smith putting the brakes on our demise for a few years), and have retained the level of attendance we have done.

On a personal level, I think Whitney, Keates, DC, and now Taylor visibly suffered as their tenures went on, or is going on in Taylor’s case, which is rotten to see, and given the relatively short times they were in post is alarming.

4 Likes

This is exactly the point I made the other week, all of these managers cannot be at fault especially as some have been successful before and after here. The fault lies elsewhere.

2 Likes

I wonder what he thinks now? Pomlett - still a chance of the play offs? You poor deluded fools.

I completely agree, we aren’t in a relegation scrap as things stand.

We’ve just lost it.

1 Like