We have to sign Miller …

Agree. A fascinating read and really well written.

Isn’t he the Everton reserve team coach bernie Wright decked in his younger days?

From an Everton site about Bernie Wright. Imlach was first team coach,

On being told that he’d been dropped for a game, he chased coach Stewart Imlach around the training ground whilst Catterick locked himself in his car. He turned up drunk for training just before Christmas 1972 and then disappeared until just before the new year. This last misdemeanour was one too many and after only 11 months at the club he had his contract terminated.

I stand corrected - knew it was something along those lines!

You never know what a cheek bit will get ya. Didn’t Fulham sign Zak Knight from Rushall for 30 tracksuits?

Yeah but the difference there is Zat Knight could have just told Rushall to do one and gone for absolutely nothing. Nice gesture by Fulham to help them out when they didn’t need to.

Maybe we could offer Barnsley 30 fluorescent Walsall drawstring bags?

Been trying to flog them for years :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

6 Likes

Could offer em 250, I’ll even drive them to Barnsley for free.

Could we not throw Mole in as part exchange.

2 Likes

It would be like selling a homing pigeon :laughing:

1 Like

There is another point to consider. From what we’ve all read, Miller doesn’t appear too enamoured with his parent club.
He certainly didn’t appear too bothered about what they were thinking thus, might be quite happy to wait until his contract expires and go for free.
If he’s happy here and we use any potential transfer fee we might have considered to buy him, to top up his salary, we might all win.

2 Likes

We sign h for 250k he scores 25 this season and next ( perfectly possible if current form continues ) he either fires us to promotion or is now worth 1 million .
Win either way.
If his form doesn’t continue he is still at worst a 10 a year player based on what we have seen . What’s to lose?

15 goals potentially, based on the figures you mentioned above :wink:

2 Likes

Yeah people have mentioned this before but this is exactly the formula Peterborough use.

They don’t just dig up non league strikers every single time, they go for either proven strikers from league below or find a striker who’s shown potential but lost his way in loan spells, think Ivan Toney was a bit like that.

In an ideal world you sign Miller in January on 3 and a half year deal given his age and what he’s shown so far. He scores 20 + by end of the season and any club interested from leagues above know they’d have to pay a bit to secure him with 3 years left.

So likely he stays and scores 20 + in 22/23 and hopefully by then club has woken from the malaise and might do a bizarre thing and accidentally get promoted.

So you’re now in league 1, he’s already scored 40 + goals in his time at the club…and he still has two years left. That’s a 2-3m forward right there and valuation can increase if he then scores another 10 + in league one.

What could possibly go wrong with that methodology? Over to messers Pomlett, Gamble and Mole for the answer…

There’s no way we are signing Miller especially if he carries on his fine form. He will have league one and possibly championship teams interested in him willing to offer him 3 times what we can afford.

No one in there right mind would turn an extra couple of grand a week to stay with a team he has no affiliation with. A footballers career is short they will go where the money is.

You only have to look at the players that have dropped out of league one to play in the national league.

2 Likes

Still have to ask. He may say no but I hope that there are negotiations happening right now.

1 Like

It’s a commercial no brainier.
What ever we bid and offer to pay for him we will get more.
Depends on pommels

Note that George Miller has played for Barnsley in the EFL Cup this season I think (presume that’s League Cup) and has of course played for us too.
Unless rules have changed, you cannot play for more than two clubs in a season.

If that’s the case wouldn’t Barnsley be better off cutting out the middleman?

I thought that it was 3 clubs that a player could be registered for in one season?

Maybe it is, I know it’s 2 or 3.