We have to sign Miller …

1 Like

So it’s two then in his case, unless he moves to Iceland or Ireland or somewhere like that.

1 Like

Yes, so that should help us, hopefully, in possibly having an advantage for a change in pushing for any deal.

1 Like

That’s awesome news as we defo have Miller all season then. Barnsley aren’t going to recall him and not play him, if they sell him January the buying team can’t play him for half a season so would have to loan him back to either us or Barnsley.
A lot of teams don’t Buy players they can’t use for half a season at this level.
He most likely will go for free unless Barnsley are willing to take a lowball fee from us just to get something just so we guarantee we get him
. No need to offer the 250k we’d have needed imo

1 Like

I don’t get your reasoning. Barnsley are struggling and need a goalscorer. Why wouldn’t they recall him in Jan and put him straight into their squad? Also, why would they let him get cup tied in the FA Cup if they want to play him in the 3rd Round?
As I see it, we don’t have any control over his future.

I think Barnsley fans would throw a wappy if they did that. Lack of ambition, etc. etc. They don’t rate Miller and think he has found his level with us.

1 Like

Some murmuring about him on Barnsley twitter though. I think its more surprise he’s doing so well though in fairness.

I love the guy already but he doesn’t seem built for championship football anyway.

2 Likes

Reading that we have no chance, he’s a good option for plenty of clubs.

1 Like

He’s shown he isn’t good enough for championship (didn’t they play him as wing back in the cup this season so whoever their manager is dosen’t rate him upfront). And Cauley Woodrow is a decent striker at that level so unless he goes he remains their CF.

If what is said above is true looks like he’ll be here for next 6 months and then look at state of play in the summer.

1 Like

Any chairman of a football club who has someone like George in on loan or any factory or business for example who has someone in on an agency(so a similar scenario)would and should be thinking of taking someone like George on permanently after his performances.If we aren’t doing so one we are not being ran correctly and two we are plain stupid,if we can’t meet his demands that’s fine at least we tried which should be the minimum after what George has shown us.

2 Likes

I know Miller has been getting the goals but I would like to see a offer going in for Menayese as well to be honest.

14 Likes

Absolutely, what a player he has been for us. Even when we were crap he was the stand out. Lovely player all round.

3 Likes

Another thought could be that if Barnsley continue to struggle and their manager gets sacked, a new manager comes in and could want to take a look for himself at all of their players so may call him back to have that look at him?

Could also say the same about Menayese if Clough gets sacked at Mansfield?

5 Likes

Serious questions if he can’t be signed. Clough obviously dosen’t rate him at Mansfield (which looks a massive b***ock dropped with where they are in the table) so while he remains there a deal can surely be secured on two and a half year deal in January?

If likes of Scarr and Norman can be signed on those sorts of deals in Jan 2019 I’d say Rollin should be very realistic and the type club needs to be signing again as he reminds me of Jules and club obviously made some money on him in the long run.

1 Like

I can see that happening, it would be foolish of them not to do so.

Looks like Miller will have a new boss at his parent club soon enough

https://twitter.com/adam3oxley/status/1454859143546904584

Apart from Cauley Woodrow their forwards aren’t scoring so could be a recall job for George.

With that news I’d be surprised if he’s allowed to play on Saturday.

If they believe he is the answer to Championship survival then they really are screwed.

He’s doing well. But I’d say he is a long way from being the man who could spearhead a revival two leagues up.

Forwards who have been with us and done well in the second division are the likes of Fryatt, Kelly, Deeney, Bradshaw, Patterson, Grigg. All of those had done really well over a sustained period of time in the third division before moving up. I don’t think Miller is there yet. The best thing for him and maybe Barnsley is that he stays out on loan lower down and keeps doing well.

13 Likes