We have to sign Miller …

Correct.

I was always taught as a striker that if you see the goal, have a shot.

2 Likes

He is only 23, if that isn’t a spring chicken well I’m knackered at 41 ! :see_no_evil::joy:

2 Likes

Of course, silly me!!

1 Like

The guy has scored 7 in 9 . Probably our best return for a striker in 9 games In forever yet a couple are moaning he makes the odd bad decision or isn’t the finished article?
The guy is lethal and imo the best striker I’ve seen since we have been in league 2 . I don’t care if he makes the odd bad decision when he scores so often.
All our players make bad decisions all the times eg oss monthe but they don’t return anything nearly as much as Miller does
If we can get him under contract it will be our best signing and I’d be super proud and excited of the club for a transfer for a change

7 Likes

I think we should start playing Miller at left back until after January , it would take him out the limelight, and who knows he might do better job than Ward…:grinning:

6 Likes

I’d be delighted to sign him now. I suspect Barnsley might be reluctant to let him go before January, not because they want him, but because they might get more for him in that transfer window.

Who is “moaning”? People are discussing him and the situation on a thread about him.

1 Like

Shame we have very little of that :laughing:

2 Likes

I cant see him coming here unless we offer big bucks for him, and that is highly unlikely even if he wants to stay here. Barnsley paid £250K for him on 31.07.19 on a 3.5 year deal which means he under contract @ Barnsley until 31.12.2022

The way I read into it is we are the shop window for Barnsley to get their money back or to go back into the Barnsley squad. Nothing more nothing less. The only reason he is here is we were desperate have no strikers and he is more or less guaranteed a start for near enough every game till the end of the loan and then they can decide what to do with him. But at the moment Barnsley are sitting with 3 Aces and a King

Add to this, no doubt Middlesborough would have negotiated a sell on % that will have to be paid and could end up stuck at Barnsley till the end of his contract and becomes a free agent.

Same applies with Rushworth. Think we have to appreciate both of them and enjoy what they bring for the short time they will be here

https://www.yorkshirepost.co.uk/sport/football/middlesbrough-fc/barnsley-sign-middlesbrough-striker-then-immediately-loan-him-out-yorkshire-rivals-143010

3 Likes

Think you are right on that score, however, it is an indication of the finances and ambition of our Club that our USP is asking for him because we cant afford anyone else and he is guaranteed to start near enough every game because there is no one else for the position

But take the positives we are a well run Club

Email the slo to pass on our feelings about Miller.

I think the only way we will ever afford him is to crowd fund the fee to Barnsley

Maybe Pomlett could ask @RobHarv3y to sort it out?

1 Like

@RobHarv3y could take his seat on the car park with collection buckets for the George Miller Fund

2 Likes

Yes Rollin needs to be signed in January. If club can’t sign defender out of favour at club currently in bottom two in same league serious questions need to be asked as that’s someone who can continue to be developed as he obviously has potential from what he’s shown so far.

2 Likes

Just imagine when he leaves :man_facepalming:t2:

If he goes to a league one club in January then not much we can do about it.

If he goes to somewhere like Salford though that will be beyond infuriating

If he doesnt get to a League 1 club he will probably go to one of the top Clubs like Harrogate, FGR or Solihull Moors

How the mighty have been bled white by just one man

1 Like

Thanks for that, I thought he was out of contract at the end of this season. That puts a different complexion on it.

I did think that missed your radar, and why I popped the 2 links on my post and that gives them the January 2022 and Summer Window of 2022 to cash in

2 Likes