We want to help but need information

That could well be the case,but if you’re a fan considering making a monthly/one off donation to the club I don’t think that would be enough for a good proportion of them.

I’ve asked the RENT question a number of times around the time of previous fan liaisons meetings - never had an answer apart from some obtuse argument from one of our posters who told me it was virtually illegal to add figures together from a set of WFC accounts showing amongst other costs the rent paid and staff costs :rofl: Obviously never heard of a balance sheet.

If, and that’s a big IF, Bonser had given the club a rent holiday then surely we would have heard by now. No chance of me chucking anymore money at the club until I hear to the contrary. :roll_eyes:

4 Likes

“IF, Bonser had given the club a rent holiday then surely we would have heard by now.”

I’m not so sure - he has a reputation to maintain you know!

1 Like

I’m pretty much in the same boat.

If the rent is still being demanded were I Pomlett I wouldn’t pay. The facility we rent has been superfluous for six months and will be for another six. A whole year of not obtaining much utility on the asset we rent.

I’m guessing all parties are NDA’d up to their armpits but we must now be in what by any definition are “exceptional” times.

2 Likes

I agree, surely this horrible situation has handed us our only get out clause to what can only be described as a mugging of the most heinous crime of the century?

1 Like

Im starting to think the same. Could be our way out.

3 Likes

I agree with the above.
We need transparency more than ever. I’m willing to help the club buy not to pay rent to the leech. The no 1 fan who, and ex chairmen, and current landlord who got us into this rent situation in the first place.

Also if every championship, league 1 & 2, and non league supporters all cancelled sky sports packages I just wonder where that would leave the idiot Dyche and his large sky windfalls

I don’t pay for TV, other than the BBC licence fee, but it would be interesting to see how Sky would respond to hundreds of thousands of subscribers cancelling their subscriptions. If they all gave the reason for cancelling as, “I will use the money saved to support my local football club”, Sky might just dip into their huge pockets to help out. They could easily donate £50M to L1, L2 & non-league clubs & not feel it at all.
I’m led to believe that Sky hates to lose subscribers!

3 Likes

If we want the former Chairman to look benevolently upon us perhaps we should refrain from referring to him as a leech and parasite for the time being?

2 Likes

If the difference between Walsall surviving and going bust is paying the rent money then that’s what we must do. Morally it’s abhorrent, but in my opinion taking a stand on that while the club goes under seems pretty counterproductive, unless you want to be able to say that Bonser killed the club.

3 Likes

I have to laugh when people say they won’t contribute to the rent. Essentially everything you’ve ever purchased in relation to the club (tickets, merchandise, food, drinks, etc.) has gone towards the rent in some way, shape or form.

9 Likes

I’m no expert, but aren’t there rules in place that prevent the pension fund (i.e. the owner of the stadium) from suspending rental payments?

1 Like

I think that has been mentioned before. Are there rules about making donations equivalent to 6 months of rent?

Suffolk life by law have to charge. The full market rent value. , but remember in past bonser has advised Suffolk life to not increase the rent. In line with. What it should. Be so yes he does have a major say. In what the rent is.

Many fans will be supprised but he could actually charge a whole lot more than he does, So by same token he could also drastivly reduce it, But it would involve him being responsible for making up. The shortfall. Against its full rentable value, And he’s highly unlikely to do that is he. He’s got club over a barrel. All ways up. Just as he always set out to do

We will never be free from his shadow untill we vacate bescot. Simple as that

3 Likes

Has anyone got an emotional tie to Bescot? I certainly don’t, and moving fro Bescot would be fine with me.
Of course, the problem is to where? A new ground would surely require too much capital investment for the current board?

4 Likes

Lets hope that Pomlett’s address to the fans in the coming days answers some of these questions, I’m sure it will.

I can’t see him mentioning the rent as it will put some off from giving money if they know we’re still paying that. Personally, I find that ridiculous. The more people that contribute, the quicker the rent is sorted and forgotten about for this month and everything else can be paid, wages etc.

3 Likes

I’d just like to mention that Pomlett himself is heavily invested personally in the club. Remember he bought the Bonser brothers shares in the club and also paid off the remaining debt (couple of million?) to Bonser.

Unlike the leech that sucked millions out of the club he’s put a lot of his personal wealth into it and could lose a lot.

No they don’t. Landlords can give rent breaks, as most are doing in these unprecedented times.

Feel sorry for Pomlett . Unlike bonser who it’s as if he could foresee the future sold at exactly the right time. Whereas Leigh who has put his own money in to become our chairman has had such bad luck with COVID and would not have touched the club if he could’ve seen in to the future. Just think he needs our help and support so much right now.

5 Likes

It’s not just about rent. There will be many supporters who are in difficulty right now. Should they be subsidising the salaries of single young men earning much more than they do?

Let’s see what the landlord, players and directors are doing to support our club before passing around the begging bowl to the supporters.

9 Likes