We want to help but need information

The clubs best placed to weather the storm, in my view, will be the ones that have the wealthiest owners / the lowest level of fixed costs. With half a mill rent to pay and an owner that is not a moneybags., I’d be surprised if we were any better off than most others, relatively. Our salary bill probably helps us compared to some though.

Much of that motivation was to ensure he was paid the rent. Pomlett had to pay loans owed to him as part of the deal, which will have depleted his resources somewhat.

I really can see me sacking off Sky and sending the money to the club. Cant stand watching no
-edge tippy tappy training ground football anyway. Plenty of stuff on amazon and netflix. A few hundred of us doing the same could keep the club ticking over.

2 Likes

It all started with Ken Wheldon,he used to go barmy at anyone who left a light on…:grinning:

1 Like

Yeah, he never left us in a couple of million worth of debt… oh hang on. :thinking:

2 Likes

iFollow do 1 camera (permanently located at the club) plus use local radio for the commentary.

When Sky come to our ground on the odd occasion, they bring all their equipment with them. They may cover up to what, 5 or 6(?) games on any given day, and they need at least 5 different cameras fixed around the pitch to cover all the angles, plus other mobile ones for doing interviews or whatever. To cover up to 30-odd simultaneous games to the same extent (never mind having a set based permanently at each ground) would cost an awful lot of money for kit that could become more or less redundant in a few months if we go back to some kind of normal. And that’s without all the extra manpower they’d need to operate the equipment and do the commentaries etc.

The there’s question of whether they could broadcast so many simultaneous games to air or have to do it over the net?

I just can’t see it being an option.