Well the day is upon us how is every one feeling!

I have been coming over 40 years to watch the saddlers and cant belive how I am feeling this morning ! I have seen it all before but for some reason this feels different. A landmark day in the clubs history if we go down I think that we will be there an awful long time the way the club is being run and cant see us getting any better which is killing me inside. I cant go today which is worse as I will have to wait to hear what scores are coming though on the radio. I have put all my lucky clothes on this morning lol . Come on boys one last push make me proud to be a saddler today UTS !!

4 Likes

Thatā€™s one of the main reasons Iā€™m glad I managed to get a ticket in the end. If the worst does come to the worst, I think Iā€™d rather be there, even in the home stand,than hear bloody Franks smarming on about ā€œwhat can Walsall fans realistically expect?ā€

3 Likes

No nerves my end, from our current position anything but relegation is a bonus.

Fingers crossed.

2 Likes

I canā€™t decide which of my clothes are lucky.

Had a terrible dream where we lost 3-1ā€¦

At Solihull? :no_mouth:

3 Likes

Surely weā€™ll have sorted the defence out by thenā€¦

1 Like

I made my peace a while back about going down. I still wonā€™t like it, but the fact I am not as arsed as I should be tells me a lot more about how this club is run.

This group of players deserves a relegation on their CV - the fans donā€™t deserve it at all.

Or do they?

4 Likes

Today will be bitter sweet for a number of reasons. If we stay up the club have got away with it big time and will probably have the temerity to pull out the ā€˜ambitions for the Championshipā€™ line out pre-season. If we are relegated, supporters have even greater ammunition to question how the club is being run.

The supporters deserve a miracle today, the club certainly donā€™t.

7 Likes

Iā€™m partly bricking it at the prospect of the painful wound, but partly ready to exhort a massive ā€˜ā– ā– ā– ā–  youā€™ at the club for the sheer blundering mismanagement and complete lack of respect shown towards the fans.

2 Likes

Didnā€™t expect us to be in this position so today is a bonus to even have a chance. If we go down, then so be it, Iā€™d already accepted that. If we stay up then great - but then it must be a wake up call for all involved with the running of the club that changes need to be made.

6 Likes

I dreamt this week that we scored an injury time winner in what had been a cagey stalemate before George Dobson made a lung busting run. I think it was a dream anywayā€¦ #premonition #Ihaveadream #loadofcobblers #somesayimadreamer

2 Likes

At 7:30pm tonight, I will be opening a bottle of malt that Iā€™ve been saving for a big occasion. There may be tears, I may stick on Starshipā€™s ā€œNothingā€™s gonna stop us now!ā€ I might watch Keatesā€™s screamer v Swindon and pour myself another glass. However, I hope to be watching a Walsall montage on the official website with this backing track :wink::heart::red_circle::white_circle::soccer::crossed_fingers:t2:

5 Likes

Working down London for this, canā€™t even bear to listen. To be relegated by them and being present would be etched on my mind forever. Still canā€™t get the 0-1 out my mind from a few years back and there was nothing riding on that!

Please lets do it today - donā€™t get me wrong under the current stewardship we will be right back here in this position again next year, but at least it wonā€™t be them sending us down!!

I was resigned to relegation a long time ago, but the hope has built in me all week & now i wished I was going to the game as Radio/Web updates are gonna be hard tonight.

Our away form is woeful, so we need a miracle just to win this game and another one for results to go our way.

Already resigned to relegation, anything that happens today is an undeserved bonus etc etc

Thatā€™s what Iā€™ve been telling myself for weeks and now the day is here Iā€™m still incredibly nervous :laughing:

My drive to the game today takes me past Wrexham, who next season will be beginning their 12th straight season in the Conference. A timely reminder of what could happen if the mismanagement of our club continues, whatever happens today.

2 Likes

Wow, if Deano had stayed there they looked nailed on for promotion last season. Its a funny old game. What a bad move it proved to be for Walsall, Wrexham and Keatesā€¦

1 Like

Confident we will win today but doubt we will stay up. Wishing I was there.

Iā€™m kind of in this space too. If we go down today I will regret that the team gave us hope at the very end thus denying the opportunity to let them and the club know how we feel.

If we capitulate today I donā€™t really want to see anybody clapping this lot off or suggesting that they have been ā€œbraveā€ in any sense of the word. The season has been a disaster however today shapes up.

However if we win and we stay up Iā€™ll be the one with Luke Leahy on my shoulders and coming on here later to compare fondly with the 1981 escape and what a great day it has been.

Fickle? Moi?

8 Likes

Putting aside the overall shambolic nature of our season for me today is very much ā€˜if onlyā€™. If only we had managed to pick up 2 more points all year and todayā€™s task would be a lot clearer, I hate having to rely on other teams doing it for us (Doncaster v Burton !!!)

Past has gone now so dwelling on it wont help but it is ridiculous how utterly ā– ā– ā– ā– ā–  we have been and still have a chance of staying up. A lot is riding on this as I honestly feel todayā€™s game could shape the next decade, maybe even existence of of WFC.

2 Likes