Wes McDonald

The only place I’d put Lavery out to is to pasture.

2 Likes

My point exactley Dan, Wes is one of the better players we will see in this league, but he’s in this league for a reason too! Lavs has pretty much done ■■■■ all since he come tbf, works hard about it tho

1 Like

Made me laugh.

A circle of footballers sat in a church hall.

“Hi, my name is Wes and I’m addicted to step overs”
Others clap
“ it started at Birmingham. Just one or two a game. Nothing excessive. I thought I could control it. And I could at the start. But one or two became three or four. I’d get anxious if twenty minutes had gone in a game and I hadn’t done a step over. It began to affect others, They’d tell me to do a hundred step overs in the warm up to get them out of my system but it doesn’t work like that. They don’t understand. Nobody does. At least I thought they didn’t until somebody pointed me at the Chris Marsh step over re-hab group. And just in coming here and talking it feels like progress”

“Thanks Wes. That was so brave. Wasn’t it everyone?”
Others clap.

“And from our new member to one of our long standing members. Chris Waddle - how are you doing?”

12 Likes

Yes he has his games when he looks clueless but we aint getting a better winger than him at this level if he leaves with our budget.

2 Likes

It’s a bit harsh on Mcdonald.

He’s got a lot of weight on his shoulders with fans, especially without Holden.

He does too many step overs yes but you won’t mind many wingers with his quality footwork at this level.

2 Likes

Bobby Charlton and Ralph Coates* attended some of those meetings by mistake - they thought it was for players who were addicted to combovers.

*reference for all the teenagers on here. :man_bald:

3 Likes

Touch of the Jack Grealish about him (just a very small touch) and it’s not good. Wes is one of our best forwards but occasionally he hangs on to the ball a fraction too long, like Grealish used to. Get him to spot the main chance and get Eli shifting in front of the centre backs like he has done a few times and we could be, er, quids in :roll_eyes: