WFC Player of the Season 20/21

Jason McCarthy perhaps?

1 Like

Yep, McCarthy in 2017.

2 Likes

Adebayo has contributed more this season than Kinsella. Kinsella gets away with being a below average footballer because he puts a tackle in. Rubbish.

1 Like

Bloody hell, talk about baiting :joy:

1 Like

Now there is a brilliant ideaā€¦

1 Like

I think thereā€™s a fair few who rate him and heā€™s been a decent attacking outlet at times.

If I was to bait, Iā€™d suggest those people are overlooking the fact he canā€™t defendā€¦

4 Likes

Heā€™s also been ever present in one of the worst midfields Iā€™ve seen at the club. Heā€™s crap.

1 Like

Adebayo all the way.
Contributed more in his half a season than any of our other players In a full one and itā€™s obvious how much we miss him now he has gone .
Whilst kinsella works his socks of it shows how far we have fallen when he wins

Michal you are surely taking the Michal??? Dan Scarr Jesus he has trouble working out which way we are playing!! The worst centre back I have had the misfortune to witness wearing a WFC shirt, Swifty is more deserving.

1 Like

If the only reason Ade isnā€™t voted for is because heā€™s at another club then it cheapens the award even more as any recipient is only getting it because of that.

The winner will basically be whoever has achieved an average of about 5 out of 10 every week.

4D baiting. Impressive.

1 Like

In the context of the season Adebayo has to win it really.

Despite leaving in January heā€™s still our top scorer and still responsible for 25% of our goals in all competitions. He also scored in 6 of our 8 league victories. Add to that the fact his departure has exposed just how poor the squad is and how reliant we were on his contribution, Iā€™d say heā€™s nailed on.

Problem is he plays for Luton.

4 Likes

Not a problem, we could get Mole or Gamble to present it on a zoom call :laughing:

*** Call Rejected ***

3 Likes

Got to be Holden. Although injured for much of the season. Heā€™s the only one to consistently show a bit of magic. When I first saw him play at the pre-season match at Nuneaton, I couldnā€™t believe how bad he was but he has proved me wrong time and time again.

1 Like

You could also argue as big as his contribution was earlier in the season, as damaging to us was his decision to leave in the middle of the season.

Obviously he made the right choice for him and itā€™s not hating on him at all, but if weā€™re going to base it solely on the impact theyā€™ve had in a season Adebayo has done as much damage as good.

2 Likes

Iā€™m not a fan of giving awards for commitment only. I know Scarr is limited in football terms, but from this sea of mediocrity, he distinguished himself. Proper League Two defender in other words. Which shows how the recruitment process was, well, lack of words to describe it. Holden? That injury ā€¦

Fair point. But Iā€™d argue the club finding a half decent replacement for him could have softened the blow of his departure significantly, which isnā€™t his fault.

1 Like

Oh 100 percent. Itā€™s not his fault we didnā€™t replace him.

But none the less, we wouldnā€™t have had the decision to make had he stayed. If youā€™re looking for a pin point of when our season went downhill it would be the day he drove to Luton. So while completely the right call, and I donā€™t see how anyone could blame him, but for me thatā€™s enough to discount him from player of the season completely. Thereā€™s players that have given the club 100 percent this season, by definition Adebayo can only possibly have given 50.

I accept your logic - heā€™ll have to settle for Player of the Half-Season.

1 Like