WFC Player of the Season 20/21

It should be us as the fabled 12th man that gets POTS. Left money in the club and have to put up with some right old ■■■■■ in terms of performances and what comes out of the club.

Maybe Pomlett can get us all one of the cheap plastic trophies you got when playing as a kid in your local estate team. I would probably prefer that than the thought of some of this lot running round on the pitch with my name embroidered in their shirt! :face_with_symbols_over_mouth: :joy:

1 Like

It has to be Kinsella.

He has contributed the most to the relative success of our defence this season in reducing the number of chances given to the opposition. When other players have been giving the ball away, failing to control it and generally been below league standard, Kinsella’s involvement in winning loose balls, anticipating threats, making tackles and blocking shots is exceptional. He rarely makes a decisive forward pass, but on the other hand he is pretty safe and tidy with his distribution.

Kinsella.

I know it’s not going to please everyone as a choice , but no one ever agrees 100% about any footballer at any club .

The reason I have picked the lad is not on skill levels as he is obviously lacking in that department , but if your choice is for a player that gives his all for our club , which can’t be said about many if any watching this season .

He tackles and breaks up play all over the pitch from the opposition every game , but lacks that killer pass and doesn’t score many goals , but he is 100% a trier .

He covers every blade of grass and would run through a brick wall for this club and that is why he gets my vote .

Liam Kinsella by a country mile.

His effort, commitment and dedication have been one of the few bright spots of a pretty gloomy season. He never gives less than 100%, neither does he give up, back out of a challenge or shirk responsibility.

100% effort is all I ask of a Walsall player - natural talent isnt everything, and we’ve all seen talented, gifted players who had poot attitudes or lacked application (Ismael Demontagnac springs to.mind here).

4 Likes

And don’t we just hate poot attitudes Orkney … :wink: :+1:

Yes - Ismael’s poot attitude really piffed me oss.

3 Likes

Dan Scarr because he hadn’t had a vote when I voted and I felt sorry for him.

2 Likes

Kinsella all day for me.
Don’t really understand the stick he gets, his ability to recycle the ball and press opponents is as good as anyone in the league we are in.

2 Likes

Kinsella for me. As others have pointed out he’s never going to be the most technically gifted player, but he’s always up for the fight and according to the stats does a decent job of winning tackles and interceptions.

I think it’s important to note that someone like Adam Chambers only really seemed to come into his prime as a defensive midfielder in his mid 30s. I still think that with an adequate ball playing midfielder alongside him, then Kinsella can do a decent job at this level.

Hopefully we get to see more of a partnership develop between him and Sam Perry before the send of the season, as their technical and physical attributes should complement each other well.

3 Likes

Kinsella for me…

Disagree - he’s good in the tackle, but all he offers when we have the ball is laying it off to the fullbacks.

You need more for a successful side - especially if you only have 2 midfielders.

Kinsella easily for me.

As much as hes our best tackler and with the best attitude he wins a fair share of headers considering how small he is.Not to mention that he has by far the worst fouls committed on him and just gets on with it .Gordon used to be the same but has given up. The majority of the rest do not jump their height other than Scarr.

Maybe he doesnt thread the ball through the hole of a needle but other than Holden neither do the others who continually give it away.

First name on the sheet for me…

2 Likes

You could say “WE” chose to sell him …

Holden for me kinsella ok as right back but need creative players in the middle with a goal or two

Where is the Sam Perry button?

1 Like

He isn’t going to be winning player of the season.

Would say he is nailed on for Young Player of the Season though.

1 Like

Kinsella, and Perry for young POTS.

Fair play to Kins. Can’t fault his effort.

But just shows you how low the bar is.

Build the team around Perry.

1 Like

Not exactly spoiled for choice, only 2 possibilities apart from Adebayo

Well done Kins