WFC Player of the Season 20/21

On a certain game that I play it suggests Perry can play RB has he ever played there that you can remember mate? I can see what your saying by utilising his passing but to me there’s killer passes that the likes of Holden can play and passes that start moves deeper on the pitch and in my head I associate Perry with the latter I see Oss and Holden as more killer pass footballers just my opinion.

I can honestly say I’ve never seen him before this season, so no I haven’t seen him play there. From watching him though that would waste majority of his attributes at RB. And mind you, if we’re talking about the same game I remember an earlier version trying to tell me Dean Keates is a striker :joy:

But that ability is exactly why he’s perfect for next to a DM. Good passing ranges breaking lines, that as you say get the ball to a forward that can either score himself or provide that in close trickery or pass that can lay on a goal. If he can do that and chip in with the odd long range goal I see no reason it can’t work.

1 Like

Well done Liam, keep fighting for the club, and yourself.

Under rated. As ever.

3 Likes

Agree , no one can question his tackling ability and breaking up of opposition attacks , people criticise his lack of goals and killer passes .

1 Like

No, I criticise his lack of contribution to the transfer and attacking phases of play.

If he wants to play higher than mid table league two - then he’s going to have to get better. Maybe he will? I hope he does, because no one can question his heart.

1 Like

He’s already played higher than league 2 mid table though he’s had 5 seasons in league 1.

Kinsella’s job is to break up play and he’s the best in the league at it, don’t understand the negativity towards him. Maybe he blanked you at a match or refused to sign your shirt Maybe.

And was part of two of the worst sides in living memory in league one.

The other season he played right back.

I have no personal issue with him - I’m bothered about us getting promoted.

Leave him to do what he does best and get other players in to score the goals, if we get the balance right it will work :wink:
Dobson got a lot of stick for not producing or scoring a lot of goals, but he got HIS job done.

1 Like

But that’s the issue - do we then stunt Perry and Bates’ growth?

Suppose the 5th time pointing out him and Perry are completely different players will receive the same predictable response?

As for Bates his development has already been stunted by your mate, with the badges, playing him next to Kinsella and telling him to do exactly the same job :man_shrugging:

2 Likes