What a bargain!

Err. Don’t buy one then.

4 Likes

I would like to see them do a line in clothes pegs to symbolise our determination to hang about in the Fourth Division.

2 Likes

Could synergise our new American identity with our current on the pitch form to bring out a line of Wild West Walsall themed duelling pistols? Although we draw at 4:55, not high noon.

Or perhaps some Walsall themed little blue (red) pills, with the slogan “If we can’t get up, at least you’ll be able to”

3 Likes

I was going to post something similar.This is an example of the different culture in the States.I expect that most sports Clubs over there have condolence cards. It is something the English with their traditional reserve especially over death would not think of.

1 Like

We draw every Saturday by 4.55, dont we?:smile::smile:

That is not an appropriate card in my opinion as why would you send a football themed condolence card. It is in very poor taste.

4 Likes

Well I’ll keep last season’s. It will save me buying a new one in ten years as a retro top.

1 Like

Because the full time whistle has been blown? I’d be fine receiving one of these, not that I’d know anything about it!

1 Like

Shop is full of tat

3 Likes

I don’t think this is anything to do with the loss of money financially. I think we are starting to see the return on the Americans investments tbh. Hope I’m wrong but have a very horrible feeling they want to get a return on their money.

5 Likes

How about some Jimmy Walker playing cards? A Paul Merson decanter? Bonser statuettes?

1 Like

Yes but the person receiving it might not support Walsall, even if the deceased did so it would be odd. It devalues the condolence card and makes it appear flippant.

I’d buy a rico Henry race car or a kinsella bean bag

Paid £15 for one at the start of last season for my eldest daughter who was 4 at the time. Even then I thought £15 was steep, but £28?! Ridiculous.

1 Like

Had to check I hadn’t over slept and woken up on April 1st when people started posting some of these prices.

3 Likes

Great idea Tim. Your not as out of touch as people say. The Bonser miniature figures. Yes. I’ll order 1000

Not trying to defend the shop prices, but were any of the lower ones being quoted from a time when the items in question were part of a sale promotion?

BTW A few years back I used to regularly buy t-shirts etc from the shop - must have been getting on for half my wardrobe. Now admittedly I’m a bit bigger than I used to be and usually outside of their size range, but whenever I go for a browse these days there is sod all in there that I would be tempted to buy even if it fit me - and not just due to price (which I don’t expect to compete with Sports Direct or the like). There only ever seems to be 2-3 never changing designs on offer per season (none of which appeal) so even if I did buy one, would be months/years before I bought another as nothing new to tempt me. Been in a few other L2 club shops at away games and they nearly all have a better and wider range of merchandise, a fair bit of which changes season on season (if not more often).

We seem to be stuck in the mindset that sales are low so no point in increasing stock levels or range - but if they had a regularly changing portfolio fans would buy more as it’s something club related that they don’t already have.

2 Likes

If it was then they really should have advertised a lot more that it was 50% off at the time :rofl:

1 Like

I’ve been vocal about our club shop or as I like to call it the Tat Emporium for years & on various threads.

Our merchandise is sh*t

I fancied a training top, but then I saw the price. The rest is cheap Tat

5 Likes

For the 2 I shared (the football and badge set) you can clearly see in the screen shots from the WayBack Machine that they are being advertised under the standard “Fanline Products” section.

The irony of this is they seem to be all over the place in terms of stock levels. Over the last few seasons I’ve heard people complaining about them running out of sizes of the kit but then they’d have hundreds of drawstring bags or other tat in stock.

They currently have a Xmas mug in the online shop which has 93 in stock. What’s the betting they ordered 100 so they’ve only sold 7 and now they’ll sit there till next year? To be honest I don’t think it’s a great idea to sell anyway as if you’re going to buy a mug you’re more likely to go for a general one you can use all year round not a specific Xmas mug.

And I agree with Wilts that most of the smaller things in the shop are just tat.

I would say that at least the shop interface itself has improved and they do seem to be making some attempt to bring in better items (retro kits, NoFo top, panorama picture etc) but the pricing needs looking at.

I would say with the price rises, after a quick browse around the online shop, it seems that most things (the tat) have been increased by £1-£2. The things that have rocketed up seem to be items that they would be more likely to sell. It’s almost like someone has said “We’re not making any money on this cheap tat so lets just increase the prices of the stuff that does sell so that’ll make up for it!”.

1 Like