What ‘should’ an SLO be?

Here’s the answer

Cheers Rob.

From the article:

“The role of the SLO is to facilitate dialogue, not lead it. Our experience has seen SLOs work constructively with all supporter groups as well as individual fans across Europe; however, are not representatives of those supporters groups or supporters. They are appointed by the club and exist to improve dialogue and relationships around the club environment. Fans still need to be organised and come together to push for improvements in their own right”.

2 Likes

Above all he should not be SLO(W) to respond to supporters emails!

2 Likes

“a two-way flow of information”

Another absolute cracker. :rofl: This site is comedy gold at times. :joy: Keep 'em coming @RobHarv3y.

1 Like

Stop it, stop it, you’re killing me. :rofl: My sides are splitting. :rofl:

1 Like

Computer literate

1 Like

Everything Graham isn’t.
The blokes just a puppet for the club.
There’s most certainly many more genuine supporters who would have been better placed to make a success of the role.
With anything in life you need to have the respect of others to be successful and to get people to buy into what you are about and Graham certainly doesn’t have the respect or support.
It’s got to be a person who can communicate with supporters of all ages and at least comfortable with the modern world of communication, which certainly excludes Graham.
Ultimately he’s a square peg in a round hole.

2 Likes

Basically stick to the OAP stand Graham with your bovril and warm blanket

I wished he’d stop it I’ve got a split lip.

Not someone who posts on twitter “Come on Walsall” once a week on a Saturday morning

1 Like

I think the answer lies in the definition of the word ‘liaison’…

Once you’ve looked that up it’s pretty self-evident, and only someone with a vested interest in a different point of view could f*** it up.

1 Like

No disrespect at all to the guy, but the SLO appointed was everything this organisation didn’t need, in every single aspect.

An out of touch appointment by an out of touch board! Only Walsall could identify a modern business position and make it look 1990s

1 Like

So basically a neutral intermediary. Therefore, no conflicts or what could be perceived as conflicts of interest. So you wouldn’t have as SLO someone with prior links to the CEO…

1 Like

Immediate issue is that GW (by no fault of his own) was handpicked, and that instantly raised questions over the motivation of the Club to appoint a ‘known’ person. One of the many opportunities offered by the planned membership scheme would be to give all members a vote on the next SLO, chosen from nominated supporters within the membership.

The ‘fan on the board’ concept only works if we feel he/she is on our side and doesn’t routinely tow the company line, and unfortunately it doesn’t always feel that way at the moment.

1 Like

Very true, but you would think anyone with any sort of self respect would refuse it.
Must have lacked attention in life up to now.

I think that there are bigger issues to tackle at the club than this, and it’s not boiling my piss.

3 Likes

I might be incorrect but the role of SLO is not something new within football clubs. Does anyone know who the previous SLO’s were at Walsall?

Silly Liability and Out of touch?

1 Like

I agree…:+1:

2 Likes

He doesn’t need the blanket now he has a super quality Walsall coat