Whats the real problem?

And Flynn said it wasnt whos telling the truth?

Managers job is to get the best out of what heā€™s got.

He has failed in that sense.

There needs to be a look in to WHY we pick up so many injuries especially knees. Someone is doing something wrong

1 Like

Wonder if its the artificial pitch

1 Like

Well as all 3 knee injuries happened in matches which most of us saw I would say no! Wilkinson was kicked from behind ā€¦a most unusual injury. Labadieā€™s happened right in front of me.It was a mistimed tackle. Earingā€™s happened when he was taking a shotā€¦again a freak injury. Of the 3 only Labadieā€™s could be described as a normal injury.

1 Like

Funny how 1 win in 16 games will change perspectives eh?

I think we all got carried away as weā€™ve been so starved of something to get excited about. Weā€™ve now come back to reality with a bump.

6 Likes

And the reality is somewhere inbetween. Thereā€™s potential, weā€™ve seen and felt it. Thereā€™s despondency just now because it all fell away. Give it time, we have built some foundations and weā€™ll hopefully be there next year.

3 Likes

If we offered 3 or 4 year contracts then yes it is a risk but they would then be more inclined to want to be successful and defeats would hurt more. I am almost certain some players on 1 or 2 year contracts sometimes donā€™t care knowing they will move on sooner or later and earn a living elsewhere.

Point accepted but we still miss a Paul Taylor type person. Bonser constantly said how pivotal he was to Walsall and he was right. I donā€™t want to see Flynn in charge of another transfer window. So call it whatever we want we need a ā€˜Head of recruitmentā€™ something along those lines.

1 Like

That assumes that the budget wasnā€™t increased from last season, could as likely been 30% of a bigger number, we donā€™t know.

None rarely do though. For every 1 that goes up the league, i would guestimate that 5 go to worse teams.

My limited knowledge of strength and conditioning is that these elite athletes (Elite lol lol Iā€™m laughing writing this) undergo S&C training focusing on preventing injuries as much as being physically fit

A cynic would ask are we doing S&C work that makes our players less vulnerable to these injuries

Difficult to beleive we have a decent budget when the original plan was to start the season with Abraham, Williams, and Douglas James Taylor as our strikers knowing wilko was basically crocked for the season. Flynn basically begged for Johnson when he realised how shite they all were. Iā€™m not saying thatā€™s fact. But Iā€™ve heard it from quite a few people!!!.

1 Like

Well I donā€™t know but I think I heard it said that we had only had one muscle injury in the season . Willmott which seems to show we do the right things. We must also remember that Gordon did his on the first day of training and Riley followed shortly after.
McEntee did his before pre season training with us so on the whole I think we have had a series of freak or strange injuries for which there is no straightforward explanation. If it happens again then clearly questions will need to be asked. .

1 Like

Nothingā€™s been right since we got chips in the lower.

2 Likes

Fans expectations is one of them,our expectations are way above what the club can afford. Theyā€™re perfectly normal for any football fan but can be way too high.

Youā€™re joking right?

What are our expectations? To have a good go at getting in the playoffs in league 2 I would say is what the majority of fans expect. Personally, I think that the bar is too low and promotion should be the ultimate aim every season we are in this division. We have declined so much now we are almost accepting that we are now a bottom half league 2 club.

The whole experience has become mind numbing, this does not help. I used to look forward to the second half when we kicked towards the home end and get a little pissed off if a team won the toss and turned us around. Doesnā€™t make any difference anymore, we rarely have any attacks anyway.

I am not a negative poster, I say things as I see them. I think something has clicked with me in the second half of this season. My expectation is above watching anti football that provides little or no entertainment or excitement and still ultimately leaves us in the bottom half of league 2.

There are plenty of teams with similar or smaller budgets than us that are doing better.

24 Likes

Well said! Thatā€™s one of many problems, yes we finally got rid of Bonser, but he was replaced by Pomlett who basically left it Exaclty how it was, minus Bonser and i challenge anyone to say differently.

Agree with our history of being an established 3rd tier club the owners and fans expectations every season we are in this poor league should be promotion at the start of every campaign not improvement.
Get the right mindset from the start .

3 Likes

Pomlett was very specific in stating what he was looking for, then when it didnā€™t happen he was told to shut up in future.

1 Like

From what i have seen over the last few seasons
We are lucky to still be a league club, there are bigger/as big as clubs as us that have fallen into non league football, and have found it very difficult to get back

1 Like